Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've got a 2008 SLK 250, started getting an intermittent seat belt warning beep about 4 weeks ago. Seemed to stop then start again, had the "SRS malfunction" error come up on the dash but then it disappeared. Had under seat checked and a window cleaner was removed pushing under and they also unplugged the plugs, cleaned the contacts etc and the beeping stopped along with the seat belt warning. However now the SRS code will not clear from the dash. Hooked up to a computer at friends workshop and it wouldn't clear got only to 60%. tried reset and still didn't go past 60%. Says SRS - find fault code 3. I however have also noticed now if I don't plug seatbelt in its not beeping at all or showing the red seat belt warning. Should I try a different computer to try to clear it - or any ideas please? thanks

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need a good diagnostic tool, preferably DAS.
If the fault is current then you need to fix it, you can't delete that fault till is fixed.
thanks for the advice - much appreciated

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
107 Posts
Have a 2016 C300. Had the drivers seat that the stitching was in need of repair. When I had a local do the repair, he had to unplug the connections under the seat. He did not plug all of them back in, & I got an error message involving the air bag/drivers seat belt that would not clear after I took the car back & had him plug the disconnected plug back together. Ended up taking it to a local garage & they cleared the message.

·
Registered 2008 SLK200
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a 2016 C300. Had the drivers seat that the stitching was in need of repair. When I had a local do the repair, he had to unplug the connections under the seat. He did not plug all of them back in, & I got an error message involving the air bag/drivers seat belt that would not clear after I took the car back & had him plug the disconnected plug back together. Ended up taking it to a local garage & they cleared the message.
thanks, that's good to know. My partner unplugged them all and said he plugged them all back together but obviously this code won't clear so i'm hoping its just a code issue?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,799 Posts
You won't know till you get it read.

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
107 Posts
When it happened to me, I failed to check before I started the C300. Perhaps if I checked & re-plugged before I started the car it might not have thrown the code. Don't know. I also tried disconnecting the battery for 1 hour to try & clear it. Did not help.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,799 Posts
it was read and was a code fault 3
I was referring back to post # 2. If one of our experts
You need a good diagnostic tool, preferably DAS.
If the fault is current then you need to fix it, you can't delete that fault till is fixed.
says you need a good (ie DAS) tool to read/fix, then whatever YOU used appears to be inadequate.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,419 Posts
The connection on the seat belt has been know to go bad. This is under the seat on the female seat belt connection. The connection can come and go and then fail full time. The wire is on the short side and where the seat is located front and high puts the most stress on the connection and you get the warning. low and back and no warning until it fails full time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts