Mercedes SLK World banner

Srs code 9223 resistance too large

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Mountainaire 
#1 ·
Ok, srs light came on (while in for subframe inspection 🙄)
my indy diagnosed a squib steering airbag, so he fitted a new one today . Srs light still on now saying 9223 drivers side airbag ignition squib resistance too large
i took back of seat off to inspect the connection on drivers seat but it looks ok?
any ideas

See less See more
#2 ·
a front air bag, knee air bag, side-impact head/ thorax air bag
Adaptive dual-stage front air bags
and the protection of six air bags — including head/thorax side-impact air bags and dual knee air bags.
The SLK’s integrated restraint system includes adaptive front air bags with dual-stage inflation, head/thorax side-impact air bags, and knee air bags for the driver and passenger.

#4 ·
How did you make the jump from "Driver-side Airbag Ignition Squib" to "R12/9 fault"? I can't confirm that you are chasing the right airbag here.

The usual suspect for these is the connector block under the seat - if a water bottle, jacket, etc, gets shoved underneath, and then the seat moved, it can cause physical problems at the connector. It usually results in an "open circuit" which does translate nicely to "resistance too large".

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.