Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I'm happy with the SLK280 performance as it is stock, throttle response could stand to be a little snappier. I see there are two available "minimally intrusive", plug-n-play throttle control devices to help improve it: the AFE SPRINT BOOSTER POWER CONVERTER (Manufacturer Part Number: 77-16002) and the PEDAL COMMANDER (Manufacturer Part Number: PC36-PC43). They seem to have very similar features and control options.

What is your experience using these devices, and which do you think might be the better one in terms of its programming options, etc? Are there any others to consider? Both of these run about $300 from Ebay.

thanks!

G

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,284 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Various 'sprint boosters' or 'pedal commanders' have been discussed many times previously on the forum... I'm assuming you've already done a search to check-out what's been said about them by other members previously? :D

SLKWorld search for "sprint booster"

SLKWorld search for "pedal commander"

Also, if your car is an auto, have you tried resetting the transmission adaptive learning?

Reset Transmission Adaptive Learning
I tried searching like that and nothing came up. Nothing came up with your links either. I remembers an thread some time ago that I participated in that mentioned these devices ... the Sprint Booster if I recall correctly ... and hunted and hunted for that thread. Finally found it, but it didn't answer the question since it talked only about the Sprint Booster and said the persons who had used it were pleased with it. That's why I put in a new thread as a question.

Yes, I've done the adaptive reset a couple of times. As I said, the car runs beautifully. I'm looking for a small enhancement on throttle responsiveness that seems beyond the controls' standard range, but does seem achievable if the marketing on these devices is to be believed.

thanks
G

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK200K
10,745 Posts
I can't comment on either of those, but I have had the Piecha Power Converter installed on my car (before I did a repro) and it was great and highly recomendable, both for the product and the after sales service!
Sorry, but I can't provide you with any proof as I did my investgating quite a while ago, but I do remember posts commenting that the Piecha model was "better" than others as it bettered the throttle response along the full range of the pedal, not just giving full throttle half way up the throttle travel and then no difference after....I also like the fact that the Piecha model has a small hideable three position switch, compared to some of the other models that have bulky control boxes that are in sight/the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts