Mercedes SLK World banner

281 - 300 of 342 Posts

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,471 Posts
I sprayed but didn't wipe off the excess at the time. Now I know for next time. Will the white eventually disappear?
Never left it long enough to find out.

Roof mech I leave as it reminds me where to hit next time without having to study the mechanism.

I forgot to clean off door hinges.
Kept spotting it but didn't want to dirty a clean cloth.

6 months later it was still there.
It wiped off easily.

Maybe the Lithium grease carrier is different for the various manufacturers.
But I am surprised it won't come off.
It is a lubricant after all.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,160 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
and this from Muzu in German:
http://www.wusblum.de/fotos/slk/pflege/r171_Gummiteile_Schmierblatt.pdf

T1-T3 seals - gummi
T4- door latch - grease or lithium grease
M1 n M3 - grease or lithium grease
M2 = gummi
K2 gummi
K1,K3,K4 - latches and hinges - grease or lithium grease
K5,K6,K7 gummi - little bumpers
D2, roof latches - grease or lithium grease
Other Ds - if hinge, grease or lithium grease
if seal, gummi
I Converted German pdf in above maintenance instructions into an english translation (link below, not perfect though) !
https://docdro.id/3FMtLOc

·
Registered 2013 SLK350
81 Posts
Great product, but be advised.

Gummi Pflege Stift. Just bought my second bottle of this amazing product to refresh my rubber seals. Was less than half way through the first application with the first bottle, when the applicator tip got caught in a small space & came off. The bottle was pointed down, so most of the contents spilled out onto the garage floor. There was a small amount left in the bottle, so I used an old tooth brush to apply the remainder. Wonderful product, but be careful when you apply it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Finally got the good stuff.

After reading many, many posts over the last few weeks and on the advice from many on this site, I finally picked up some of the good stuff. This weekend the weather here in SWFL is supposed to change from the usual 93 sweltering degrees to the low 70s (winter here) albeit only for a few days. let the enjoyable car cleaning weather begin! And thanks to everyone, the maintenance and servicing posts are extremely helpful. I am New to these boards but it seems like a group of knowledgeable, dedicated and helpful owners.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,471 Posts
Got the Gummi on order. I'm fortunate I can work in my hangar. Thanks for the info, guys.
Aviator? You probably have something similar (probably better) in the hanger.
I'm sure we've had previous feedback on this.
Bet if you go through the gummi thread it is mentioned several times.

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK55 AMG w/P30
90 Posts
Yesterday, rain caused me to drive with the top up for the first time in months. That last time, there was a cacophony of squeaks from the roof. This time it was dead silent -- all because of the Gummi Pfledge I learned about from this forum. You guys and gals are the greatest!

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
784 Posts
Gummi Pflege Stift. Just bought my second bottle of this amazing product to refresh my rubber seals. Was less than half way through the first application with the first bottle, when the applicator tip got caught in a small space & came off. The bottle was pointed down, so most of the contents spilled out onto the garage floor. There was a small amount left in the bottle, so I used an old tooth brush to apply the remainder. Wonderful product, but be careful when you apply it.
Mine cracked at the applicator and spilled a lot of it...just have to be a little more careful, and don't let it freeze...ever.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

·
94,160 Posts
Gummi most popular here.....stop wasting your time seeking analysis of ingredients :D :D

like 'butts', everyone has one/opinion...

just buy the gummi and get it done :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Spring is starting to be sprung here in the UK, thank goodness. Decided to do the Gummi routine on my roof. Dropped the hood half way to access the seals and switched off the ignition. Car complained when switched of with a loud series of "beeps" and an error message so I restarted the engine, silence, and continued with the Gummi.

Is this noise normal, I guess it is! But what do others do, just ignore the "beeps" if not what do you do please. Have I missed something here?

Thanks in advance.

Norman

·
94,160 Posts
you calling the roof the hood? then use the broomstick method in post 1 of this thread to keep 'roof' open

281 - 300 of 342 Posts