Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First drive of the season - Cath and I along with Mr & Mrs Cayman headed down the Rideau Lakes (recommend Lyndhurst Rd amongst others) towards Lansdowne and the Thousand Islands. We stopped at the Ivy Lea Club (oddly, very near Ivy Lea, as well as the Hwy 35 bridge to the US). It has a great restaurant - views are spectacular, food is great (though not cheap).

The parking lot and restaurant were pretty empty (it's early in everyone's season it seems) but there was a 172 with Ottawa Star Motors plate. I did card it and hope the owner might check in..

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A nice weekend, so Cath and I headed down to Kingston. Saw a 171/300 post facelift (yes, Mr Obvious) with dealer plates. Which reminds me, saw a red 172/350 in downtown Ottawa (it seems to frequent Bank and Slater) with a for sale sign stuck in the window (70k$ car with a cardboard for sale sign, really?!). :surprise:

Friday and Saturday, other than that dealer, we seemed to be the only SLK out, and one of three convertibles with their tops down. 0:)

Sunny and darn near 20C - come on people! :grin:

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sunday at Super Store on Innes a 171/350 (in that browny taupe color...) with plate MANNAZ driven by a petite asian lady...

And today, coming out of Beausejour onto Jeanne d'Arc northbound, a 172/350, black, driven by a nice brunette lady of franco persuasion - said merci when I stuffed a card in her window at the light! >:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts