94,245 Posts

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,245 Posts
Firstly, I don't have any card. Secondly, what if she or anyone I card says 'no thanks, I gotta run'?. I'd feel so rejected and cry.
Firstly, why don't you have any cards? They are free...just ask.

Secondly, you don't sound like you would care about rejection.

·
Registered 2014 SLK250
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Issues with paint job or car issues? Is your car Mineral Red? I actually prefer yours because it's more subdue :smile:

That's the red I was hankering for when I started looking for an SLK until I came across all the horror stories about issues some were having :surprise:

·
Registered 2014 SLK200
1,901 Posts
Issues with paint job or car issues? Is your car Mineral Red? I actually prefer yours because it's more subdue :smile:
It was the horror stories regarding the paint, not the car. It seemed to be related to model years around 2011 - 2014 though I stand to be corrected.
Mine is 'Designo Hyacinth Red'. It's a metallic paint that varies between the subdued, almost plum colour as in my avatar, to a kind of fiery candy apple depending on the light level/sunshine. Not a common colour, I suspect because of the cost premium - and no, I didn't stump up for it originally as I bought the car used at 5850 miles. I didn't want black, white silver or grey though the deep blue metallic with the same Sahara beige seats would have been an acceptable second choice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts