Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled into my local Shell garage and filled up. Went to pay and a 2014 Porsche Boxster pulled up beside me. While queuing to pay a 2015 black SLK 172 slipped into the next set of pumps.

Looked at the three cars side by side (and a BMW e39 5-series also in the filling station) it struck me that the least attractive car of all four was the Porsche.

As to the 'spotted' SLK - the driver was more intent on filling up than he was on being complimented on his fine set of wheels - wouldn't look at me at all! Ah well. Still a pretty car though.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is when you need the Sarge Book of etiquette

March up to them with big smile on your face
Give em the card

http://www.slkworld.com/general-discussion/50921-slkworld-business-cards.html

If they want to talk, fine
If not, the hell with them
We don't need unfriendly people on my, er I mean, our site! :D
That's pretty much what I tried - but he didn't want to make eye contact. Maybe the car wasn't his???

Anyway - if he's that unfriendly then life's too short - move on and find others who appreciate their cars.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,464 Posts
That's when I go further... :D :D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Pulled into my local Shell garage and filled up. Went to pay and a 2014 Porsche Boxster pulled up beside me. While queuing to pay a 2015 black SLK 172 slipped into the next set of pumps.

Looked at the three cars side by side (and a BMW e39 5-series also in the filling station) it struck me that the least attractive car of all four was the Porsche.

As to the 'spotted' SLK - the driver was more intent on filling up than he was on being complimented on his fine set of wheels - wouldn't look at me at all! Ah well. Still a pretty car though.

What part of Surrey are you in? I'm in a black R172 and often at Shell stations, but a 12 plate.

rick

·
Premium Member
2,690 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of Surrey are you in? I'm in a black R172 and often at Shell stations, but a 12 plate.

rick
Reigate/Redhill area.

The garage I was in was at Earlswood.

Sent from my Xperia when my back was turned

1 - 9 of 9 Posts