Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I was wondering if any of you guys have any knowledge about speed camera detectors, because i am looking to buy one for when i go to France. i would like to know what is the best product out there to buy in order to avoid the camera flash. Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Since you are in the Uk, I would say the Road Angel.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Garmin, IIRC, has the locations incorporated in their GPS system for Europe to include the speed cameras.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Since you are in the Uk, I would say the Road Angel.
thank you mohammed, but im taking the car back to france on the 9th of july

Garmin, IIRC, has the locations incorporated in their GPS system for Europe to include the speed cameras.
thank you eddy, which once would you recomend and is there a good product that combines bothe GPS locations of cams and radar/laser detector?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Don't know of any two-in-one product that combines the speed camera locations via GPS plus laser/radar detector. They're separate products.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Folks
I have just got my SLK350 (second hand but lovely condition) and this is my first post to the forum.
In my day to day car I have a stick on wind screen TOMTOM which I have added a speed camera database (savd me loads on money & points over the years!) but I do not think you can add this to the COMMAND satnav.
Does anyone recomend a speed camera detector?
Has anyone tried a Novus Delta speed camera detector? They look very sleak and would not look out of place on the dashboard. The Novus are alot cheaper than Road Angle so just wondered if anyone can comment on them.
Cheers for your help
Crazy Jay

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Speed camera/radar detectors are illegal in France. If they find it, you'll be in deep doo doos. Also, be sure to keep your hi-viz jacket inside the car and not in the boot/trunk.

We were advised of this last year when we drove to Le Mans last year.

On our way back from Le Mans, I thought we were going to pulled for speeding, but they got an Aston Martin that had been catching us up at some rate of knots instead.

The cops deploy spotters in camouflage with mobile speed cameras who obviously radios ahead to the catch team who come after you on motor-cyles. We had been just about on the 130 km/h limit, but had sped up a touch to overtake a string of slower movers, just as the Aston cam up behind us. As we went under a bridge, there was the catch team.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.