Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, New here. I have a 2013 SLK 250. I got this car recently and finally got a hole in the side of the tire. Thank you Mass potholes. Im trying to put the spare tire on so I can fix/replace the bad tire, but it seem that the space saver tire will not fully inflate. the little pump is at 6/7 and the inside of the spare is fully out but the front won't fully fold out. do I just keep pumping, or what? its never been used before. could it be frozen? (mass currently about 30 degrees outside)

Thanks for any replies.

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
1,895 Posts
MB recommend replacement of spacesaver at six years so I guess the tyre is getting to the end of it's 'shelf life' and they do harden over time. That being said, can you get the wheel/tyre to a gas station with an air pump? Those wee pumps in the inflator kit are pretty puny.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I brought it inside and it warmed up and fixed itself. any idea on PSI for these space saver tires? all the other spares I've had for other cars were donuts and wanted 80 psi. does this differ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Owner's manual or the side of the tire or placard in door might offer the amount psi

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
Don't forget your free gift!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts