Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I rang up the parts department at my local MB dealer to enquire about the price for part number A171 680 61 71, for a R171. Its the plastic silver trim pieces on either side of the steering wheel and above the glove box. I just needed the one on the right hand side of the steering wheel to replace a slightly scratched one that I have. Was quoted around $200 dollars Australian....thinking that's a bit of a rip off for 3 pieces of plastic!!

I'm heading to NYC in a couple of weeks, anyone over there can possibly see if its cheaper in US?

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dangit..mbspares came back with quote of $195 as well..with freight cost of 18....

Trademotion has it for US165.....can't believe it, for a small piece of plastic(actually, trademotion lists it as "Drivers side aluminum left", but its definitely not metal!)

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
not much you can do but suck it up I guess :(

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
dangit..mbspares came back with quote of $195 as well..with freight cost of 18....

Trademotion has it for US165.....can't believe it, for a small piece of plastic(actually, trademotion lists it as "Drivers side aluminum left", but its definitely not metal!)
Cyberdrakon (Eddie) has my original trim pieces (replaced w/ carbon fiber), PM him and see if he is willing to sell it to you.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
Cyberdrakon (Eddie) has my original trim pieces (replaced w/ carbon fiber), PM him and see if he is willing to sell it to you.
Sorry, i already butchered the ones i got from you AND my own...:mad: :(

I'm trying to get more right as well and have been following this thread. Hopefully someone else who has upgraded has the pieces for sale.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
For what's it worth I ordered the right side aluminium piece and got a carbon fiber one. This was 2 years ago. The part numbers matched so the description may be wrong in the parts catalog.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
For what's it worth I ordered the right side aluminium piece and got a carbon fiber one. This was 2 years ago. The part numbers matched so the description may be wrong in the parts catalog.
I hope you kept it because it's $$$.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.