Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Having used the "The Mill" at Elstead a few times, I'm looking at organising a Festive SLK Lunch on Friday the 10th December 2021.

Apologies for those who can't get the Friday off work, but they are already fully booked over that weekend and this is fairly central for Southern SLK/SLC owners: Postcode: GU8 6LE
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Depending on the weather:
Rectangle Font Circle Pattern Brand

...or for SLK's that have been SORN'd for the winter, turning up in alternative vehicles is fine..!!

Obviously if the England's "Plan B" kicks in, this may need to be rearranged, but lets hope that this will be all good & will go ahead in December(y)

The Dinning Menu is available on this web page & is £29 for two courses & £33 for three courses:
We will need to pre order food before the date and a £10 festive deposit will be needed at some point...

Welcome to arrive at 12 noon for a chat, with the table booked for 12:30, with the food being served 20 to 30 minutes later. Hopefully be able to hold the food off till Mike arrives at ~13:00

The List So far:

1) @Trev5 - Trev' & Carole.
3) @SpaceCowboy101 - Phil.
4) @savcom - Martin + Helen.
6) @mike350 - Mike.
7) @TL30 - Pamela & Richard
9) @Law Breaker - John
10) @nickbbb - Nick + Shelley
12)

I need to submit menu choices by 27th November - Post in thread or PM me (y)

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,054 Posts
Count me in. It’ll be just me as the good wife is away that day.
I can make there by 1pm.

Reactions: Trev5

·
*Premium Member
2002 Blue SLK320 known as 'Silkie"
4,286 Posts
Martin and Helen for us. Thanks

·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Friday bump for anyone interested in a December Southern SLK/SLC meet up?
Map Ecoregion World Atlas Line

Though welcome to turn up in Your winter non-SLK ride (y)

Current weather prediction for the 10th - A nip in the air, but at least the roads might be dry .....
Rectangle Font Parallel Software Number

·
*Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Though welcome to turn up in Your winter non-SLK ride (y)
I'm going to have to. Silkie will be in the 'shop then ... 😎

·
*Registered
2005 SLK350
15 Posts
@Trev5 Sorry but I’m unable to attend 🙁 as now confirmed I’ll be working in London on the Thursday/Friday. Gutted to miss this, but hopefilly i‘ll make the next one, prob 2022 for me now! Hope all attending have a great lunch & meet up 👍🏽

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,054 Posts
Thanks @Trev5, my mouth is watering just looking at the menu 😋
I’ll go for the full three courses with the following …
Chicken liver parfait
Turkey
Poached pear.

Thanks for organising this, looking forward to kicking of my Christmas cheer with all of you.
Mike.

·
*Registered
1997 SLK230/2014 SLK200
71 Posts
Welcome to Friday, can those attending on the 10th December have a peruse of the menu below and advise whether they want the Two or Three course lunch + Which food choices you want:

I need to submit our orders by next weekend - 27/11/21 (y)
Hi Trev

Ham Terrine - Turkey - Rum baba for me

Thanks, Phil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
389 Posts
Hi Trev,
Thanks for getting in-touch, I was going to ask you just what the meeting time was going to be, so I could work back for a time to depart. With you now saying 12 to 12.30. So I will text you when I am setting off from my home. At least then you will know that I am on my way down.
Has for the meal it's self ..... I will be taking the 3 course meal, and, will be having the following ....
Starter ......... Chicken liver parfait, red onion chutney, toasted brioche, brandy jelly
Main ........... Apple-braised pork belly, pork medallion, carrot & cumin purree, mustard sauce
Pudding ...... Hop-poached pear, toasted almonds, truffle maple syrup & coconut ice cream

John

·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the menu choices that have been submitted (y)

Still have one space remaining if anyone is still interested, for our table booking for 12 people

And the current 16 day Forecast has a "low confidence" of this chilly weather on Friday the 10th
Font Rectangle Electric blue Parallel Pattern

Me thinks the Air-Scarf will be on "Level 5" if I turn up in My SLK - with the roof down...!!!
Automotive design Automotive exterior Font Bumper Personal luxury car

·
*Premium Member
4,286 Posts
Apologies for the tardy reply. Both of us have had third/booster jabs this week and that's knocked us both back a bit.

Martin: Trout / Game Pie / Rum Baba
Helen: Trout / Turkey / Cheesecake

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to it.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
4,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good Morning SLK owners,

So only two days to go till our Southern Festive Lunch & the weather is not looking to bad for December:
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

So be nice to see a line up of SLK's.. (y)

This Friday is Christmas Jumper Day, so welcome to dig out a tasteful example and bring it along:
Outerwear White Coat Sleeve Jersey

With the on going CV-19 in mind, it You have one of lateral flow kits cluttering a cupboard, please carry out a test on Friday morning so not to spoil someone's Christmas with one variant or other...

I still have one spare space on the original booking, so if anyone is free on Friday, pm Me and may be able to get Your added.

Finally, I have paid a £10 deposit per head for everyone, so if You are un-able to attend, please let Me know ASAP (y)

Trev' & Carole

·
*Premium Member
2007 SLK350
1,054 Posts
Good Morning SLK owners,

So only two days to go till our Southern Festive Lunch & the weather is not looking to bad for December:
View attachment 607481
So be nice to see a line up of SLK's.. (y)

This Friday is Christmas Jumper Day, so welcome to dig out a tasteful example and bring it along:
View attachment 607480

With the on going CV-19 in mind, it You have one of lateral flow kits cluttering a cupboard, please carry out a test on Friday morning so not to spoil someone's Christmas with one variant or other...

I still have one spare space on the original booking, so if anyone is free on Friday, pm Me and may be able to get Your added.

Finally, I have paid a £10 deposit per head for everyone, so if You are un-able to attend, please let Me know ASAP (y)

Trev' & Carole
Thanks Trev.
My SLK was serviced today and then washed before being put away ready for Friday.
Jumper ready
Lateral flow ready
Let the good times roll. (y)
see you all on Friday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts