Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Southern CA has a good number of active SLK Owners. Would anyone be interested in being a 'point person' and activating a Southern California SLK Club on the site?

See the drop down in the blue navigation bar 'Clubs'. It would give new members or people searching for an SLK Group in Soutern Cal a point of reference.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
The obvious choice is Eddy, but being so active on the site, does he have the time to take care of club business too? Only he can answer that. I mean, the guy has almost as many "Thanked Posts" as I have total posts in nearly 1 year of membership. That is just crazy:)

Eddy you rock! :rockon:

Reactions: etyu

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
My vote would be Tslick, if he so chooses, with LynxFX and Bleen as VP's :)
Cyberdrakon would also be a good choice as he's knowledgeable about computers and website, etc.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
If anyone works with MAC they have a great easy way to put up websites. But for the original post it wouldn't even require that much. Just someone to the point person and 'add' a club in the navigation bar above. It just creates a place for anyone searching for SLK owners to connect with a way to contact.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,054 Posts
If there's no conflict of interest, i could put up a socal site with info that would direct back to SLK world on my site. I'd love to be an 'executive' in the club, but i think Eddy is the clear choice as the top brass.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't have any issues with that, I'd just ask that someone add the club to the SLK Club product on SLKWorld in the Club drop down from the navigation bar.

·
3,054 Posts
I've listed the club and i'm creating the page for our club. The page will be up as soon as i have confirmation on the 'officers' of the club. All discussions and calendars will point back to SLKworld but the page will act as a quick reference, a link generator for SLKworld, and a rallying point in case of emergencies.

Please review the information i listed, i think i put up all the candidates that have been mentioned into the contact list, if anyone would like to be added or removed, please let me know. I'll also setup a rollcall to see who would like to join. Also feel free to post here if you have any suggestions or would like to be nominated for a position. I propose we run the club as an oligarchy of 5 members that we vote on at every physical meeting, with a quorum being 4 people. there should be also one 'officer' who can stand in for any of the seniors, and act as a coordinator. just a proposal, i'm not stuck on anything.

Reactions: Bleen

·
3,054 Posts

·
3,054 Posts
Any reason why you're setting up a seperate site? Surely, it could all be done within the SoCal section of SLKWorld?
i thought ken said "If anyone works with MAC they have a great easy way to put up websites."

I assumed the idea was to have more pages directing traffic towards SLKworld outside of the SLKworld.com domain itself? A normal webpage would also be clearer in what information is displayed?

If there's a problem, i'd be happy to take it back down, i just thought i was doing something that was mutually beneficial.

I noticed that the other clubs already listed have websites. Also, how do i go into to modify the information once registered? How will we activate the club calendar and club forum?

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I know the NW Group has a nice site at:

http://www.slknw.com

They use it in conjunction with SLKWorld. It is a nice site and I think very inexpensive as well. You can contact user YellowSLK aka Pam if you are interested in anything they did.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I don't have any issues with that, I'd just ask that someone add the club to the SLK Club product on SLKWorld in the Club drop down from the navigation bar.
We (Socal SLKs) now have both a website and are in the Club listing in the SLKWorld nav bar. :rb

Thanks to everyone who is making this happen! Please sign me up as a "regular" Socal member.

·
3,054 Posts
http://rexaccelero.com/news/54-socal-slk-club
this is the permanent link for the SoCal SLK.

Page has been updated, older link will forward so you can keep your old bookmarks.
Any volunteers to help on the site? It's a joomla site, so very easy to manage i'd like to add 1 person and give them publishing powers so they can update and publish changes to the club.

·
3,054 Posts
of course! shoot me a pm with what you have in mind.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts