Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other SLK people around the south orange county area that cruz a lot? I'm on PCH at least 2 days a week between San Clemente and Newport just cruzing. It's something I have to do for the sake of sanity. I'm just out for coffee and a reason to drive. Yes, I dump a lot of gas. So sue me. The top is ALWAYS down. I love blowing off the Ferrari's going through Laguna. Their great cars, but up against an SLK in traffic, their a boat! I have the tunes cranked. I normally drive pretty slow. That's the great part of the SLK. They LOVE to drive slow. The transmissions on these cars are so trick. But baby, when it's time to go, your gone. This car is every car I've ever loved all in one. If your up for a cruz, look me up.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Welcome from across the 5 freeway in Lake Forest. Check out the California section. I am not so sure about traffic on PCH on weekends, esp. around Laguna Beach.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Welcome from San Diego.

I believe I already sent you a private message about this, but there's a big European car event at Qualcomm Stadium down in San Diego on Saturday July 30th (CLICKY!) that some slkworld members are going to.

In addition there will be a lot of other Mercedes coming from the LA/OC area. These folks will be meeting at Irvine Spectrum at 8 in the morning to caravan down to San Diego together. There'll be a second meeting spot for San Diego folks at Fry's Electronics right next to the stadium, which I'm still trying to figure out if the LA/OC caravan is going to swing by or not. At any rate, we all plan to park as a big cluster of Benzes once we get to the show.

If you got some time that weekend to talk to fellow SLK, Mercedes and Euro enthusiasts, come on down!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
Welcome from Irvine. I enjoy an early morning cruise through that area from time to time. Very relaxing.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm going to do my best to make it on July 30. That sounds great. I do my cruzing during the week around here to avoid the traffic. Tomorrow, my cruz will be to a smog station. It's that time of year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts