Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some photos from a recent day trip to south central Indiana. We departed south east Illinois on West US Hwy 50, crossed into Indiana and turned North on IN 450, then West on IN 45 near Bedford, and then south on IN 67 to old Vincennes on the Wabash River. Roads and weather were excellent with zero traffic! Round trip 190 miles...........goes to show you don't necessarily have to travel a long way for a great drive!

Challenge leaves home.......

Through the Hoosier National Forest.......

The old covered bridge........

Late summer sky.....

Ahhh!......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
You might have been on a small portion of the June Meet. Do you remember what road is shown in pic #2?
My Spyder buddy and I are gonna' do a drive tomorrow and might get that far West.
Glad you two had a good time!

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Galo....it was IN 450 which runs starts 5 miles east of Logotee on Hwy 50 and runs northeast towards Bedford. Absolutely pristine pavement and very little traffic...reminded me of a closed road course.

We did see 2 groups of guys on super bikes with full leathers so it must be a popular road for performance driving. Follows a ridge line and then along a river with many very tight curves (20-30mph) and short straights (60-80mph). You won't be usin' the cupholder on that road!:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I've not been that far Southwest. My Spyder friend and I drove to Bloomfield(IN54&US231), then South on 231 to IN58, East to IN45 then North to IN54/58(it's a long story how Indiana names its roads/highways). Yah, it's a rare weekend the sport bikes aren't out.
I just might give that area a try soonR) :burnout:

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Galo.....I know you would like IN 450......there is also a freshly paved spur road about midway to Bedford that is simply amazing. All you Hoosiers are very lucky to have such wonderfully engineered and maintained roads even in very rural areas.:hail:

In Illinois, most of the rural state highways and county roads are poorly designed, bomb cratered, and not well marked. You would think a big powerful state like Illinois could get it together on the roads....but no money! However, we do have funds for experimental cow fart collection and power generation projects and the repatriation of bobcats from Texas.....I love bobcats! :tu:

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Yah, Indiana has some very nice driving roads South of Indy from state line, to state line to state line(Ohio, Illinois, Kentucky). The drive yesterday was awesome :rb

1 - 8 of 8 Posts