Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the base Sound system (not the HK Command). I am upgrading the Sound System with new Touch Screen. I have one speaker intermittent, so need to replace at least that one, so I'm considering upgrading more speakers.

1) How many speakers are active on the base system and where are they? I found some information to suggest 7, see note below.
2) If I was to replace, upgrade, what are other user's experience with replacement? Which ones, and how many should I replace?

Note:
I found the following from a parts diagram online, but I don't know if it is for the HK system, the Base, or both:

- Two door speakers (#300 in the picture, called "Right/Left Door For Sound System") ... this assembly appears to have 2 speakers each.

- Two Tweaters at eye level near the side mirrors (#310 in the picture, called "Tweeter Left/Right For Sound System")

- One speaker in the middle of the dash by the windshield (#350 in the picture, called "In Instrument Panel")

- Two speakers behind the seats (#400 in the picture, called "In Outer Rear End, Left/Right)

Thanks in advance!

·
Founding Member 2006
109,002 Posts
I have the base Sound system (not the HK Command). I am upgrading the Sound System with new Touch Screen. I have one speaker intermittent, so need to replace at least that one, so I'm considering upgrading more speakers.

1) How many speakers are active on the base system and where are they? I found some information to suggest 7, see note below.
2) If I was to replace, upgrade, what are other user's experience with replacement? Which ones, and how many should I replace?

Note:
I found the following from a parts diagram online, but I don't know if it is for the HK system, the Base, or both:

- Two door speakers (#300 in the picture, called "Right/Left Door For Sound System") ... this assembly appears to have 2 speakers each.

- Two Tweaters at eye level near the side mirrors (#310 in the picture, called "Tweeter Left/Right For Sound System")

- One speaker in the middle of the dash by the windshield (#350 in the picture, called "In Instrument Panel")

- Two speakers behind the seats (#400 in the picture, called "In Outer Rear End, Left/Right)

Thanks in advance!
Remember to search :D it must have been asked before :D
I gave you Bill's den links in my welcome

This thread has the speaker locations, etc

http://www.billsden.org/fileadmin/media/mercedes/slk/docs/train_audio_comm.pdf

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=site:slkworld.com+r171+speakers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.