Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thinking maybe I will pull the panels off the door and put the Dynamat in the doors as well as (I I get REALLY ambitious under the carpet in the car?

Anyone have any thoughts if i'ts worth the what...4-6 hours? THanks

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
just thinking maybe I will pull the panels off the door and put the Dynamat in the doors as well as (I I get REALLY ambitious under the carpet in the car?

Anyone have any thoughts if i'ts worth the what...4-6 hours? THanks
I have not done it yet on the 350, but I did on my Corvette C5 and Cayman. The results in both cases were - let's just say the wife was very happy. I installed the Dynamat under the carpet on both cars when I installed the aftermarket sound systems. The Dynamat really killed the road noise - especially from those huge Vette tires. Not sure if the results will be the same with the SLK because it is a much quieter than the Vette or Porsche. I later put Dynamat in the doors of the Cayman - more for improving the quality of the audio (which it did). However, it did very little for killing outside sound.

As for you doing just the doors...what is the reason? If it is overall quietness, I think your would get more bang for your buck and time by going first with the floorboard route.

Personally, with the SLK, I try to drive as much as possible with the top down - so the outside noise is going to get in anyways!

Have fun either way!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Good to know, on both road noise and stereo. I'll have to wait until it gets a little cold and then give it a shot. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.