Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered 1996 SLK230
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

Won a 1997 SLK 230 on eBay last Saturday (unseen) and collecting it this Saturday - wish me luck!

Low mileage at 58k but no service history - the mileage checks out on the DVLA mot history website. Mercedes have no service history for it (they only started their electronic database in 2007).

It's got a private plate I intend on removing and selling on to reduce my purchase costs / go towards repairs. Searching the private plate I discovered an old advert for the car in 2013 which said the mileage was warrantied and the previous owner had owned it for the last 12 years which are positives.

Plans are to give it a service myself and fix a few things that were listed as faults - heater not working, boot only opening with the roof, some of the interior plastic colour coming off. Also want to change the standard alloys which have been painted black back to a silver set (fancy a swap anyone?).

Don't intend keeping it long term, maybe only 3 months over early summer before selling it on. It was a bit of an impulse buy but I'm looking forward to the experience.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,463 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,961 Posts
Welcome from Lakeland, Florida USA.

Congrats!

Reactions: cliveski

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Hi and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

Congrats on the new purchase - I hope it turns out well on Saturday!

We have quite a few SLK meets in the Midlands, so if you'd like to meet up with other members, please keep an eye on the UK Region section as we post details there:
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/313178-2016-uk-meet-calendar.html
http://www.slkworld.com/united-kingdom-region/346073-breakfast-donington-park-caf%E9-10am-saturday-21st-may-2016-a.html

·
Super Moderator 2006 SLK 280
11,315 Posts
Welcome aboard

Welcome from Northern California

·
Registered
161 Posts
Welcome to the forum Cliveski. When you get and start driving it I'd like to wager that you keep it for longer than thre months.

I've had mine since the end of Feb...I love it. Wish I'd boulght one years ago. Incredible fun....not great on fuel consumption but "smiles per gallon" are off the scale.

What's the private plate? I may be interested depending on what it is.

·
Super Moderator UK 2002 SLK320 Blue
3,223 Posts
Either you'll keep it or you'll wish you hadn't sold it if you do sell it on...

Whatever, enjoy the car and the top-down driving!

And a warm welcome from Surrey! :)

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
12,258 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,394 Posts
Hi, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

·
Registered 2004 SLK230K
567 Posts
Welcome to the forum from a fellow r170 owner

·
Registered 2004 SLK200
32 Posts
Welcome from Derbyshire. I owned a r170 special it was great. Now have moved up to a r171. Both are silver.
Regards. Ewrvt.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts