Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today (April 13) is the first day of Songkran here in Thailand. It is a new year celebration and it is the custom for people to throw water at everybody during the period. So, you never drive with your windows down at this time. Even at 9 this morning I returned home with a soaked car. It'll last for two more days.

Everyone is a water target. Some of the water bombs and squirts come from other vehicles....some from the sidewalks. It is all great fun.

Attachments

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
We have the same thing here startting at Febuary 24,25,26 to celeverate Kuwaiti's independence after the Gulf war.

Children, Adults go around and throw water filled baloons, Foam and Spray at other people.

Loads of fun!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
wow, over here you would get a thump in the mouth lol.
i wuld love taht, must be serious good fun and put everybody in good spirits.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
We need more humor in the world. I vote we all start throwin watr bloons at peeple, first one that gets shot wins. Sad but people have thin skin and seem to be lookin for a reason to over react here. The guy tailgating me this mornin got mad when I flipped him off as he passed. Suddenly he was in no hurry and slowed for the opportunity to say some stupid comment at the stop light. I smiled as an unmarked police vehicle came up behind him and as the light changed to green and he was still talkin junk, the blue lights came on. As they pulled to the shoulder, I did a U turn and the officer watched as I pulled in behind, we spoke, I gave him my name and phone #, he arrested the guy as he found his license was revoked and the vehicle was sporting a ficticious plate and no insurance. Love it when the law wurks. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :tu: another idiot off the road, lest for a day. :tu: :tu:

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Corkscrew: on the first pic, it looks like nature won on the water spraying contest (it seems to be raining?). Looks like fun, we have the same thing here, it's called the wet bikkini contest but done in a controlled environment. :D

412driver: Awesome, you put him where he belongs.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Doubt that would ever happen here. You're not even allowed to wash your car on a public street.

·
Banned
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corkscrew: on the first pic, it looks like nature won on the water spraying contest (it seems to be raining?). Looks like fun, we have the same thing here, it's called the wet bikkini contest but done in a controlled environment. :D

412driver: Awesome, you put him where he belongs.
Actually, it was not raining. There was so much tossed water that the streets were wet. The umbrella is to shield from the sun.

Today, my car really got pelted with water just as I passed this pickup loaded with kids.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.