Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. is just not quite enough I guess :biglaugh:

Was following a new(ish) C350 CDI to work this morning. The guy was dawdling along, so first chance I got I overtook him and went on my way along my usual twisty bits. He was long gone.

Anway, a few miles down the road and several delays here and there, he came up alongside me at the lights. He looked across and sneered. Lights go green and he floored it, spinning the rears and everything :burnout:

Well I have 183 bhp and 0-60 in 7.5 ish, he has 260 bhp a lot more torque and 0-60 of 6.1 ish, so I knew it was no contest. Was interesting to seem get his "revenge" for earlier though. Would be even more interesting to see him trying to hang on in the twisties..

One of the few times I guess I would have liked to have been in a 350 or a 55 instead of a 200..... or maybe the car I just had on my drive half-an-hour ago (seperate story will post a picture later..) But hey ho, them's the breaks I guess. :)

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Turns out the guy is a former captain of our golf club. Spoke to him on Saturday... All good. The reason he was sneering a bit was because he genuinely thought I was someone he already knew....

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes there is quite a big gap between tyre and wheel arch. If I'm honest, it's not my favourite Ferrari, but it's got a lot of torque and more than 500 hp. It also handles very well, but never really let's you forget it's quite a big car. The gear change is very heavy too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts