Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered Looking for an SLK
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 99 230k seems to have a mind of its own. Sometimes I barely touch the throttle pedal and the car is so responsive and smooth other times it seems to be harsh and unresponsive this can change at anytime in a journey but stays in one or other modes for awhile. Ive also noticed that the car seems to accelerate quicker when you gently feed the throttle if you kick down or hard accelerate it seems to choke up.
Anyone any ideas ?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,520 Posts
Yes. Search techron

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more on the lines of something failing not a deposits in the engine thing as the head was done three years ago and fault is intermitant and can run beautiful for hours.
Sorry about bad spelling
Dave

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
170's are not made for 0 to 80 by placing the petal to the metal so to speak. If you are cruising at a comfortable 80, and you floor it, expect the choke. It's not like the amg's where you can just go and it will adjust itself, it's all gradual. The first time I tried to floor it this happened to me on the expressway and I was jolted back into reality by a sputter.

That's been my experience [please.. no derailing the thread by proving me wrong this is just my experience with the 170]. I am interested in hearing more of why we can't floor it though without the choke. I do in fact use techron, and ive used it twice since purchase in april just to get the gunk out.

·
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering if it was to do with the air intake seen people on here talk about modifying the intake. Perhaps it chokes up if you hard accelerate because it cant get enough air in (think you call it over fueling) too much petrol not enough air so the mixture is wrong.
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.