Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just brought a SLK and the tyres are completely bald. can someone please tell me where I can buy tyres and get them fitted, I work various hours so if I have to get them fitted it would have to be at a convenient time for me.

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
... Not wanting to sound too obvious here, but a TYRE SHOP maybe ..?

Use Google, Yellow pages or what ever directory there is in your area - The Master Sarge will chime in shortly as we have no idea where you are or what you're driving...

Cheers

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
carfan,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information if you haven’t already.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’!
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a datacard (options on your car). http://www.slkworld.com/vehicle-data-card/
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,103 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum!

Please update your location and vehicle information so we can help you!

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,339 Posts
Welcome, please fill out your profile as to help you we need to know where you live. This site is a world wide site. What's in one location is not in all.

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,103 Posts
This will help you determine your tire size, but we need to know your location to complete your question.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts
dang! the minions are trained!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help but

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any online tyre buying sites where I can easily buy tyres and find where to get them fitted

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Discount tire
Tire Rack

Tire rack allows you to see them on the car, and choose a tire installation shop near you to have them shipped and installed. Pay attention to the installation fee's when reviewing the local installation shops. They are different, some are much more expensive than others.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Discount tire
Tire Rack

Tire rack allows you to see them on the car, and choose a tire installation shop near you to have them shipped and installed. Pay attention to the installation fee's when reviewing the local installation shops. They are different, some are much more expensive than others.
Not a lot of good, as carfanaticschick is in the UK - even though she refuses to update her profile.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Not a lot of good, as carfanaticschick is in the UK - even though she refuses to update her profile.
"Tyre" could be giving that away, huh :)

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,018 Posts
Nah... It'll be the IP address the account was used with..

Cheers
Sean

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
... Not wanting to sound too obvious here, but a TYRE SHOP maybe ..?

Use Google, Yellow pages or what ever directory there is in your area - The Master Sarge will chime in shortly as we have no idea where you are or what you're driving...

Cheers
Welcome to the site.

And, Sean, fast on the draw! Even at midday, FL time!. Scorching!

And yellow pages are called "Yellow Pages" in UK. ;) Or Thompson's Local. But Google will be more useful.

If you are not in a "today, now!" hurry, then BlackCircles.com (which is UK based) allows you to buy the tyres at a discount, and then have them fitted at associated fitting companies.

Enjoy the fact that you get to choose a complete (matching) set of tyres to match your driving style!
And discussion seems to indicate that stock sizes give a result that you have to do a lot of work to improve upon.
And, since you are in UK, you will get all season tyres (DWS).
Anon

·
Per ardua ad cineris.
1,039 Posts
yellow pages:biglaugh:
there is a guy in hull has a set of wheels with good goodyear tyres on for a very reasonable sum for sale his username is mark999
Beerbelly, I'm hoping Carfanaticschick knows this, since she has been involved in the thread with Mark999. No guarantees!

And here is the problem not knowing where you are based.
the international sites are OK for information and making choices, but in the end, you will need to get to a tyre shop and get tehm fitted.
And if Hull is 100 GBP of fuel away (400 miles round trip?) tehn the cost benefit might be better found locally.

We also don't know which car you have, which rims you have fitted, so which recommendations to make. (Discussion on AMG rims here)

So I'm with Sean; go to a tyre shop!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts