Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would stick my head in here and say "howdy".

I've been lurking for a couple of months.

I'm in the process of buying a 2004 SLK32 AMG. (silver)

Wasn't really looking for the AMG (was looking for a SLK320), but that was all that was nearby and the price was right...R)

I am having it delivered to my "local" Carmax, and hopefully it will be there within the week.

However, I'm not 110% sure that I want to buy it. It has somewhat high miles on it (63k).

Also, I'm not sure that I will fit comfortably in it. I sat in a SLK320 and I fit... barely. This was like 6 months ago and I was looking at several different cars at that time, so my memory of it is a bit hazy at best... At any rate, the AMG seats look significantly different (bigger) and not sure if the seats will help or make it worse for me. My problem isn't legroom, I'm only 5'10"; at 305lbs my problem is hip/stomach room. :mad:

I guess I will find out in about a week.

I am hoping that the AMG seats will be the most comfortable seat ever, but I have some doubts...:confused:

I have a couple of interesting mods that I am considering if I do get the car.... Stuff that I have NOT seen anyone else do to an SLK :eek:.
I'll post them in the appropriate forum, I am curious on the feedback.

Thank you for reading!

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Welcome and if you don't get the car, go ahead and tell us what you would have done for mods. We just may try them ourselves.:biglaugh:

SLKman:tu:

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
I had an r170 320 and an r171 55, and the seats in the 320 were the more spacious and better suited for a larger frame. Never sat in a 32, but I'd suspect it has pretty nice seats.

·
Registered
3,381 Posts
Welcome from Michigan.....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Welcome from Arizona!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,349 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

If you have not, please use the 'search this forum' feature for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, If you have not, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, please consider donating for security updates and repairs to the site. Any amount is welcome! Thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi and welcome from across the pond.
65k is not a lot of miles especially in the US as most of that is surely freeway driving.

·
Registered
27 Posts
welcome

If it helps any, I am 6'3 about 250lb and I seem to fit easily in the same model car. The seat base does seem bottomed out though. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.