Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It has forcedfed 275 turbo kit, 3'' catless exhaust, unichip computer, ACT stage II clutch w/ lightweight flywheel, ohlins coilover suspension, as well as some carbon fiber add-ons and misc. weight reduction mods. Dyno's at around ~250whp and weighs 1,900lbs :burnout:

Here are some pics:

Attachments

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Lotus elise are common at Autox events, they look like alot of fun, can't imagine driving a 1,900lb car, looks great.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
The Car looks great, I love how practical it looks and how effecient its performance is, I guess Weight is the most effective facotr towards the Elise's performance & handling, Goodluck with your Kleemanized SLK55.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
very cool!!
must be great fun, i own a 180bhp caterham and its a rocketship, i can only imagine what this thing is like!!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
The Elise is a dream car. I love it! Last time in England I wanted to rent one, but they required the same price like a F430 in Germany. So I took a Focus 1,6...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Aren't you losing a lot of the balance and the very essence of producing so much horsepower by turbocharging it? I am sorry ,such mods are not in my interpretation of how an elise should be.
Nevertheless,thank you for posting these photos.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Aren't you losing a lot of the balance and the very essence of producing so much horsepower by turbocharging it? I am sorry ,such mods are not in my interpretation of how an elise should be.
with the weight of the turbo in front of the rear wheels, the balance should be the same?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
hah, with two different drivers, of substantial weight difference *like 50lbs or so* the car will have huge number diffs! Thats funny, because we never think of people as needing to lose weight so the car is better on the track! ;)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the comments guys!

Not at all, Lotus did the same with supercharged exige S and exige 240R. Truth be told, stock elise is vastly underpowered and cannot compete on track (or on the street) with higher horsepower cars. It does good at autocross, but gets absolutely killed by M3's, 911's, Corvette's, etc on longer tracks. For example. in a recent C&D comparison, exige was much slower than Cayman S on a relatively long and open track, it was slightly faster through the turns, but much slower in the straights. If it was exige S, it would destroy the Cayman without a doubt. Balance does not have to be sacrificed for power. The power delivery of GT28RS turbocharger is very linear, the transition to 2nd cam is more smooth than stock, you don't have to always be above 6k rpm to get decent acceleration. Plus the kit only adds about 20-30lbs to the car, all smack in the middle and I more than made up for that with my weight reduction mods. Forced induction is very popular on elises, and for good reason, especially with people who track their cars. I would say it was very well recieved within the elise community, some people were hesitant with the idea of messing with the elise at first, but one drive in a turbocharged elise usually changes their mind :tu:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.