Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bugger, just when i thought this car is great!

Anyway, its been a real problem with the car constantly steamed up inside, & thought give it a month to proper dry out with being stood it will be ok.

However the problem just seemed to be getting worse, so i rummaged round & found the passenger (LH) footwell is absolutely soaking! So i took the carpet (fitted one) out & underneath was worse. So i have put my household dehumidifier in there for 2 days now & its removed a lot of the condensation, but being pretty cold here, it cant draw out the damp from carpet.

So, this must be the "drain hole" issue. Now can anybody give me a How to on sorting this, & pics say a thousand words. Oh & the drivers side is dry, but the boot lid seems to get a lot of condensation too, which falls out of the latch when i open her!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right, had an attempt at unblocking drain holes today & this is what i found/did.

Firstly i couldn't get the panel off thats under the wiper arms as they were well seized on. So i proceeded without removal as best i could.

I started at the rear where the drains are easily accessible. The LH one was clearly blocked so i used a 1m length of plastic coated steel cable, with a bit of heatshrink over the rough end. I threaded it through the hole & a load of dirty water spilled onto my foot! RH rear was clear but i did it anyway. Then i poured jugs of water down the hole & all is good!

Next, onto the front. The LH was the issue as the passenger footwell is soaking, so as before i used the cable to poke through the tube. Water again passed through with no issues so i looked closer at the design. Very poor in my opinion & certainly not MB standard!

The heater blower access lies just to the right of the drain hole over a plastic ridge. Plenty to stop the water getting in that way? But the wiper panel is held in place at the leading edge by 7 screws across the whole length. But there is no pressure to the rear, windscreen side. All that there is, is a rubber seal that sits against the windscreen to stop rain/water/washer etc ingress & this is not good. So although i haven't done it yet, i will remove the panel & put some black **** (mastic) along the edge & place the seal/panel back in place. Hopefully that will cure it once & for all.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.