Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd post some pics of my engine bay.

It all started when I needed to replace the SC pulley bearing. And like many of my projects it turned into "well, as long as I'm here, I might as well..."

Needswings Dual Cold Air Intake
Needswings Catch Can
Needswings Pulley Saver Kit
Custom Intercooler separator / reservoir
Custom "Baked Potato" mod
Custom component paint and/or polish

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks beautiful. How is the difference in the before/after in terms of performance?
No dyno numbers, but definitely can feel it. I haven't been to the track either, but hope to get there in the next couple of weeks.

According to Dash Command, I am showing about 30 degree lower IAT's. I have seen absolutely NO signs of heat soak. Even after running hard, I can stick my finger in the IC reservoir. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
945 Posts
Looks very familiar! Great choice of colors! I am contemplating getting my valve covers and intake manifolds powdercoated like yours.

I assume you have an upgraded s/c pulley or a larger crank pulley? You didn't list that in your post. I ask this because you listed having a pulley saver kit.

Do you have an ECU tune to take advantage of all those mods yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks very familiar! Great choice of colors! I am contemplating getting my valve covers and intake manifolds powdercoated like yours.

I assume you have an upgraded s/c pulley or a larger crank pulley? You didn't list that in your post. I ask this because you listed having a pulley saver kit.

Do you have an ECU tune to take advantage of all those mods yet?
No pulley upgrade or tune yet...budget! I had to replace the pulley bearing so I figured I would spring for the PSK now and then when I do get the upgrade, I'd be ready. The catch can was a no brainer and I felt the DCAI was a good starting point for upgrades.

Of course now I'm thinking about fuel and may upgrade the pump and twin-feed the fuel rail...again in anticipation of the pulley(s) and tune. I guess it's really a "chicken or the egg" question.

In reality, I will probably do the tune, fuel upgrade, re-tune, pulley, re-tune, headers, re-tune, etc, etc, etc. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
beautiful !! well done.
what's your setup for dash command ? ever tried torque OBD ?
Thanks! Though having a blinged out engine means more to keep clean!

I've got the Dash Command app for iphone using an OBD cable. No I haven't tried Torque. Not familiar with it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.