Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We went to the Altmuehltal in Bavaria for a couple of days. It´s about 60 miles northern of Munich and we met the German National Cook Team (never heard before...) In that area you find "Boxbeutel Wine" - very famous but not my taste.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
And we visited a "bird show" - very impressive!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Wonderful shots Gero! Looks like a fine time to be had by all! :Beer:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks and yes we´ve had a good time. First we went to Ueberlingen which is at the Bodensee (in the Switzerland - Austria - Germany triangel) to Marcus Piecha, then to Ravensburg and to Beilngries next to Ingolstadt. There we visited the Audi museum - nothing I have to see again. Weather - daily sun, 30°C, at night rain.

It was our last journey in 2007 (a present for our 25th anniversary from my sister). Our roof needs reparation work and Norway we´ll visit next year.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
What?!? You guys were down here and didn't give us a ring?!? I see how ya' are. . . yeah, feelin' the love. :D

oh . . . btw . . . nice pics. :tu:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, no Kevin.

Our route: --> Bielefeld --> Paderborn --> Kassel --> Würzburg --> Stuttgart --> Stockach --> Ravensburg --> Ingolstadt --> Beilngries --> Nürnberg --> Würzburg --> Kassel --> Paderborn --> Bielefeld --> Minden

There is no Frankfurt, no Kaiserslautern and not near to :usa: (BTW: I asked Karin to visit you first, but she said:"Pardon, to Kevin? To this strong smelling and hard drinking Las Vegas boy? Never!" :biglaugh:

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Awesome trip mate, Thanks for the pics. I always wanted to travel to many places in germany, but my working position wasn't too stable on that contract so I had to leave after 7 months. I did travel alot around the north western area's And I loved it. Always awesome scenery and amazing roads for the bike. Hopefully one day I will be able stay longer.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Woolly, German´s are hard to overtake ;)

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it is Gene. You find hops and wine in that area. German wine farmer have often both and they use it for their own products and for their compediteurs - the brewers. In Franken you find the dryest wine - the Boxbeutel. Uaaaahhhh.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Gero,

I think Karin confused me with you and/or Gabus about the hard drinking :biglaugh: you guys had me under the table.

OK, I just looked at the map and Würzburg isn't as close as I though...lucky you.

Stacey and I went for a drive Sunday down into France. Very beautiful. We thought we were in the Redwoods of Northern California. And the coolest thing is it's only about 45 minutes away.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You´re right Kevin. The Alsace is beautiful - Karin and me went there last year on a trip to Colmar/Freiburg. If you´re looking for a hotel:

near Karlsruhe - http://www.villa-hammerschmiede.de (one of the best hotels in Germany)
near Saarbrücken, at the French border - www.bliesbrueck.de

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
thanks for sharing gero, germany is wonderful i saw two lamborghini gallrdos a orange superlegga and a grey spyder whilst my 3 hour stay at frankfurt. The weather was around 15 degrees c. Last time i was in the bavaria area was in 2004 where i visited munich.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hello vacantionist ;)

Munich is great for relax - the weather, the beergardens - everything is working a little slower than anywhere and it´s much nicer than Milano or Berlin. But for me unbeatable: Hamburg and Paris.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
thanks for the updates, just stoping by whilst enjoying my daily mocha cafe and surfing the net via wifi on my mobile phone.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.