·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:td:

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Wait till you see the C200 badged C63 with the full kit, the rear valance is so messed up it actually shows it was a Aerokit sport that was fiddled with to get the complete quad tip exhaust fixed over here.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I honestly don't know why they bother. I mean the CWhatever is a fine car in it's own right, enjoy it for what it is. With fake badgeing, those who know nothing about cars don't give a **** anyway, and those who do just point and laugh.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I've got a C320 in France but its a second hand car with 7,000km when we first got it from Hamburg, it used to be a Managers car at the dealers and its mostly loaded however its badged AMG to the right but still has C320 to the left. I havent bothered taking it, some people mistaken it for a C32 from a far distant.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I actually don't really have a problem with this. Even though I'm a car fan, I don't have the time to give a rats ass about these things. Ostentatious and somewhat annoying. Definitely. But who cares...

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
I actually don't really have a problem with this. Even though I'm a car fan, I don't have the time to give a rats ass about these things. Ostentatious and somewhat annoying. Definitely. But who cares...
:tu:I agree, especially with the real important issues in life. Laugh (or frown) and move on.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hmmmmm - "Bikini wax and free C63 re-badgeing. Lose that excess hair, and add $40k to the value of your car in one afternoon!"

·
Registered
11 Posts
As much as we hate the "posing", one has to admit one thing. Regardless of how we LOVE the R171, and probably are the only ones not calling it "the kompressor", Mercedes-Benz is a world status symbol. As such, we are bound to have people attempting to push their outward status further than their pockets can actually achieve...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts