Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered 2007 SLK55 AMG
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
After a long long long search i have been able to get hold of an original brand new R171 SLK 55 Black Edition Strutbar 😉
These things are rare very very very rare! Mercedes/AMG will not even order it for you even if you give them a "blank cheque" and the part number.
They want this option to be a unique feature for the Black Edition only and not widely available for everybody to buy.
Wiechers (OEM supplier) will also not sell you one directly as they are contractrally not allowed to do so. Its realy nearly impossible to get hold of one.

The good thing about this strutbar is that it allows you to increase the chassis stiffness and also keep the aesthetics of the AMG V8.
See the pictures below. AMG did a very nice job with this, looks nearly invisible. All the benefits none of the negatives.

Now here is the deal, as i have finally got hold of one and i accepted the fact that its not going to be cheap (AMG price €1300+ from what i heard).
My supplier initially thought he only had one but it turns out he actually has two. Knowing how rare these are i instantly said ill take that one as well to help someone out on here.
But i have to pay the price of 750 euros for mine so the other one will obviously cost the same. I can ship it to the UK or EU or anywhere else as long as the buyer pays for it.

Comes with the bracket that needs to be mounted to the FW.

Price €750,- (excluding shipping!).

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,175 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wel yesteday i picked up both strut braces.
compared the black version with the aftermarket i already owned and the difference is massive.
The black version is much much more beafy and sturdy than the other one.

Just finished mounting mine in the car and making some changes to get it to fit and happy with the result.

Attachments

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But now to answer the questions:

Does it fit a normal SLK -> Yes! But some modifications are needed.
You need to make room for the "Black series" strut by removing some metal from the battery compartment and its plastic cover.
You also need to reroute some wires (nothing major)

No drilling in the firewall is needed, the middle bracket mounts to already existing mounting points.

See pictures of the modifications.

Attachments

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow, you put a lot of effort in searching.
I put on what looks like your old one, I like shiny things. :grin:
Yes absolutely! I like to do things differently than others. Doing some tasty and unique mods fits in with that nicely :wink:
The car also has full adjustable coilover suspension (also a feature that the black series had from factory).

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Added some more pictures of the end result, made some small alterations but result = looks factory (which it should as its an original part :p).

To make it clear you don't need to remove the complete intake to mount it, its just another project im working on at the same time ;)

Attachments

·
94,175 Posts
Reminder - this is the parts for sale section :D

shall we update your title that you are selling?

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reminder - this is the parts for sale section :D

shall we update your title that you are selling?
I know, just wanted to show "potential buyers" the end result (as i cant edit the 1st post i did it this way :wink:).
Regarding the change -> title already shows "For Sale" surely that should be enough....

·
94,175 Posts
I know, just wanted to show "potential buyers" the end result (as i cant edit the 1st post i did it this way :wink:).
Regarding the change -> title already shows "For Sale" surely that should be enough....
:D I put the For Sale in the title

Reminder was for the members

For sale threads cannot be edited by the poster
If you need something added/edited, let us know

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,938 Posts
Thanks for updating (y)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.