Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Price drop to $550 shipped

Hello everyone,
As I'm selling my AMG I put the stock radio and amplifier back in. I pulled out my S160 headunit and JL Audio XD600/6v2 amplifier that I had installed to replace the stock fiber optics MOST system. This is what you need if you'd like to replace the audio in the fiber optics system. Steering wheel controls for volume and skip song DO NOT WORK on this setup. I could find no way to get it to work with the supplied canbus decoder box, so i left that unhooked as it never bothered me.

Pretty much the kit is ready to plug and play minus you needing to run a few new taps into your stock harness. Since you are completely bypassing the fibre optics system, you need to run a few taps into the area near the radio, I don't remember exactly, you'll just need to pull the wiring diagram like I did, its pretty simple especially since I left my taps in the radio harness so half the work is done. I believe you tap one into the cig lighter(I used the one on the side) and one into the shifter harness for a switched source, or maybe illumination, I cant remember off the top of my head as I installed this over a year ago, but the radio diagram and car wiring diagram makes it pretty straight forward, plus a few random writeups i referred to on the forums).

This install can be done with anyone who has pretty basic knowledge installing head units, as all I've done before is install a few head units into cars and thats pretty much just splicing harnesses, not too much different. This is the most radio work i've done and it wasn't bad at all once I got everything figured out. The real pain is working in the damn cramped slk space lol. Any questions please ask. I will do my best to help anyone who purchases it with install questions.

Comes with everything pictures and original boxes.:
S160 Head unit and all wiring harnesses. Includes the extra cost extended fibre optics harness which is what is needed in this install(The one wrapped in black). The other harnesses are not used(I will put the unused harnesses into a bag and sharpie them as such)

JL Audio XD600/6v2 Amplifier, ready to install. Ground cable, power cable, speaker plug already all made for you by me. (power plugs into the unused power connector near the amp that has a plastic cap on it you have to cut off).

Spent just over $1,000 on everything. Asking $550 shipped.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,522 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
93,522 Posts
Post 1 updated

·
93,522 Posts
post 1 updated

·
93,522 Posts
Post 1 updated