Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I already mentioned this in a thread on roof hydraulic actuator repairs - I just had my roof serviced at 92K miles with no leaks as preventative maintenance - and hope this separate notice is not 'against the rules.' My top fabric had just started to come loose (as I said, it was NOT due to hydraulic oil leaking!) probably just from hot Florida weather since 2011 and cold Virginia weather form new to 2011...and 92K miles. anyway, I elected to swap it with a new factory liner (I paid cost at $318) as I had the roof cylinders actuators and pump seals replaced/serviced. I will gladly sell the old (off-white) headliner - in good shape except the fabric is coming loose on the left (driver's) side - to anyone who wants to change the fabric themselves and needs a non-oily headliner shell for, say, $25 plus whatever it cost for me to ship it to you. It is on the factory box my new replacement headliner came in - size about 6" x 41" x 27" and weight is under 5 lbs. (And note that there was a foam spacer on each side of the headliner (fits against the car roof) the was removed because the new rood did not come with the spacer. Spacer looks to have been made of foam and is about 1-1/4 inches wide and about 17-1/2 inches long by (I don't know how thick the spacer was).) Cheap top liner if you need one and want to recover it yourself.

contact information: [email protected]. Part is located on the Redneck Riviera...Niceville, Florida. (Save yourself shipping costs and arrange to pick up at my home. Near Fort Walton Beach and Eglin AFB.) Really I'm just giving this part away...I should think is is a good deal for someone who needs a good clean shell. I will take a picture(s) and post later today or tomorrow.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,428 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so I cannot edit the above post that I made. I should provide contact information: [email protected]. Part is located on the Redneck Riviera...Niceville, Florida. (Save yourself shipping costs and arrange to pick up at my home. Near Fort Walton Beach and Eglin AFB.) Really I'm just giving this part away...I should think is is a good deal for someone who needs a good clean shell. I will take a picture(s) and post later today or tomorrow. Thanks to the 'moderator' Jeff for keeping me straight. :)

·
93,428 Posts
OK, so I cannot edit the above post that I made. I should provide contact information: [email protected]. Part is located on the Redneck Riviera...Niceville, Florida. (Save yourself shipping costs and arrange to pick up at my home. Near Fort Walton Beach and Eglin AFB.) Really I'm just giving this part away...I should think is is a good deal for someone who needs a good clean shell. I will take a picture(s) and post later today or tomorrow. Thanks to the 'moderator' Jeff for keeping me straight. :)
For sale threads are not editable as explained in post 2 :D

I will edit post 1 for you

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sold this headliner for $25. Buyer got a great deal! Jeff, how do you remove a parts for sale when it is sold? Thanks for assist. :)

·
93,428 Posts
I will close

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.