Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
I have not been offered quite what I wanted as a part exchange for my new car. So I am going to try to sell it privately. The SLK350 has done 69,700 miles, has an MOT till 26th Jan 2018, a full MB Service History and has a Smart Top Fitted. The Datacard detailing all of the factory fitted options when new is attached in the pdf file.

Some of these are listed as follows:
  • Obsidian Black
  • 7 Speed Automatic Transmission with Steering Wheel Gearshift paddles
  • Airscarf and heated seats
  • Memory Package(Drivers and Passenger seat, Steering Column)
  • Parktronic
  • Comand APS with DVD Changer
  • Sports Suspension, Sports Package.
  • AMG Double Spoke 18” wheels.
  • Mirrors Package, with inside outside mirror automatic dimming and folding external mirrors.
Apart from the inevitable stone chips which have been touched up the car is in immaculate condition both inside and outside and has been very well cared for. The tyres have plenty of tread and there is no kerbing of the alloy wheels.
I have reduced the price to a very realistic £9,950 in the hope of a quick sale. If I get the asking price the car will come fully serviced as it is booked in at the main Mercedes Benz Dealer in Colchester on 27th April in order to maintain its full MB Dealership service history.

Now also advertised on AutoTrader, here: Mercedes-Benz SLK 3.5 SLK350 7G-Tronic 2dr
which includes more photos than shown here (includes interior photos too).

Please note that the price on AutoTrader is £10,000 but anyone approaching me through SLKWorld, can still buy it at £9,950.

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,548 Posts
That SmartTop will fit in your new 55 :D just sayin'

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If only it were in Florida. Even has the 428 but suspect the steering wheel is on the right side.
I just looked up 428 to see what option that is and as you say the steering wheel is on the wrong side for you but the right side for us. It is a really nice car so I am hoping that I may get a bit of interest. Regards Martin

·
Registered
134 Posts
How far short were they on the px? Dealers won't care about smarttop or the windblocker so you could sell them separately.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How far short were they on the px? Dealers won't care about smarttop or the windblocker so you could sell them separately.
The valuation guide I looked at gives a Part Exchange value of £10,304 which includes those options that attract added value which are on my car . Without those items the Part Ex value is £8,355. I was offered £8,500 by the dealer I am buying my new car from. After saying how impressed they were with the condition of my car they went onto say that the car was too old and had too many miles for them to sell it and it would go to Auction. £8,500 would be what they would expect to achieve. For Information, the valuation Guide for a Private Sale (Good Condition) gives a price with the options that attract value and which the car has of £11,549. If the car was purchased from a dealer with those options you could expect to pay between £12,100 and £12,700.

The car is booked in to the main dealer for its scheduled service and this will be done before I sell the car privately. You say about the Smart Top which they had not heard of let alone seen in action. Whilst sitting in the dealership it started to rain and the top of my car was down. They were astonished and commented how good it was that I could operate the roof from where I was sitting more than 50 feet away.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Price reduction and additional info added, at Martin's request.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
The valuation guide I looked at gives a Part Exchange value of £10,304 which includes those options that attract added value which are on my car . Without those items the Part Ex value is £8,355. I was offered £8,500 by the dealer I am buying my new car from. After saying how impressed they were with the condition of my car they went onto say that the car was too old and had too many miles for them to sell it and it would go to Auction. £8,500 would be what they would expect to achieve. For Information, the valuation Guide for a Private Sale (Good Condition) gives a price with the options that attract value and which the car has of £11,549. If the car was purchased from a dealer with those options you could expect to pay between £12,100 and £12,700.
Thanks for the info on the PX value, as very similar to mine :tu:

Certainly is a well spec'd car, so good luck in getting a good price for it.

·
Premium Member
5,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info on the PX value, as very similar to mine :tu:

Certainly is a well spec'd car, so good luck in getting a good price for it.
Trev many thanks. Your SLK350 is another fine and well looked after example. Regards Martin:smile:

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Throw up some interior shots too Martin, might help you.

It's an Auto right?
Martin asked me to add some more detail this morning, which I've now done. As you'll see from the updates he asked me to add, yes, it is an auto.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Martin has shared an AutoTrader link, which includes interior photos, that I've now added into post 1 for him. :tu:

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
Received a PM from Martin. Car is now sold, so closing thread..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.