Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
After 6 years of ownership I’m selling my September 2010 SLK R171/350, due to the imminent purchase of an R172 SLK.

Now up on Auto-Trader if You want to see some close up pictures, before I polished it:
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201809240832688

I searched far & wide for this example, that was not Black or Silver, while still having the important Heated Seats & Air Scarf.
This Metallic Palladium Silver SLK looks stunning on a sunny day & hides the “not so clean car look" quite well.

The 2010 SLK 350 comes with the V6 3.5 litre 305bhp engine with Sports Air Filter (To give a good V6 sound!)

Looks really smart as well with Formula 1 Styled front bumper and the “Sports Pack” option which is comprised of:
Boot Spoiler, 18” Wheels, Sports Suspension, Upgraded Front Brakes & Red stitched seats and valour mats.
Also has: COMAND with built in 6 CD Changer, DVD Player, SD Card reader and Media Port for iPlayer for Music & Blue Tooth mobile calling, Electric Memory Seats, Heated Seats , Air Scarf and Flappy Paddles, ect.

I’ve owed the car since it was 18 months old, with just 7,000 miles on the clock & very much been used for summer Road Trips & as a “Days out” car. So is in excellent condition, including the alloy wheels, as it has not been used during the long salty UK winters, instead has enjoyed residing in a garage with a dehumidifier and hooked up to a CTEK Charger waiting for spring to arrive..!!

This SLK will have well below UV damage to the paint, head lights & interior for a car of this age, due to the reduced time spent in the sun, as it has either been garaged, parked in My work underground car park, or been protected with a windscreen sun shade.

The car currently has around 49,500 miles and has a full Mercedes Benz Dealer Service history.
The car will be sold with a years MOT & MB Service which is due at the end of September.

Full Data Card (or Oasis report as MB Dealers call them in the UK) on request, but these are the high lights:

403 Airscarf - neck level heating £297.87
427 7G-Tronic automatic with speedtronic cruise control £1,370.21
428 Steering Wheel Gearshift Buttons £170.22
512 COMAND - Updated with 2016 European Maps £1,859.57
873 Heated Seats (Both Work) £272.34
952 Sports Package £1,463.83
792 Palladium Silver Metallic £536.17
801 Black Leather Seats with Red Stitching £0.00
22R 18" alloy wheels (4) - 5-spoke V12 design £0.00
241 Passenger seat electrically adjustable with memory £0.00
275 Electric drivers seat & exterior mirrors with memory £0.00
280 Leather trimmed gearshift £0.00
486 Sports suspension £0.00
518 Media Interface £0.00
580 Air conditioning £0.00
876 Interior Lighting Package £0.00
P64 Memory package £0.00
U48 Sports air filter £0.00

Other important additions to the above Spec’

OEM Wind Deflector (~£300 on eBay?) which allows comfortable cruising at motorway speeds.

Smart Top module installed, that allows the roof to be lowered & raised using the Standard MB Remote Control.
(Though I’ve never been a fan of putting the roof up/down while moving at speed...)
>> Details: Home page
These Smart Top modules currently cost around ~£266 + fitting

TomTom 5200 SatNav mount bracket on centre air vent + Hidden power is in My opinion the best R171 Mod after Smart Top. These are still available to purchase & not only give Navigation in line of sight, but also gives Live Traffic, weekly updated speed camera & average speed camera locations.
Details: https://www.halfords.com/technology/sat-nav/car-sat-nav/tomtom-go-5200-car-sat-nav-with-wi-fi-sim-card-world-maps-siri-and-google-now-integration

Dual USB Power in the glove box for TomTom & phone charging.
I’m currently using a Mobius 2 camera, with a low profile bracket and hidden cable, that is a very discrete installation.
The Mobius 2 Action Cam 1080P still available on eBay for ~£86

I’ve also fitted 5K HID’s -- This improves the night driving, if You live/drive in the country side..
Main Beam has Philips Xtreme Vision PLUS 130% bulbs fitted – Which does improve the main beam range.
LED Fog Lights that I sometimes use as DLR’s (Very difficult mod, as normally get Bulb Warning Errors..)
LED Side lights -- 2W LED bulbs gives the side lights brighter/whiter light than the normal 5w standard bulbs..
Chrome front Indicator bulbs, to remove the “Fried Egg” look in the head lights..!!

CTECK comfort changing point in engine bay, that also shows the battery charge state.

This SLK is also experienced at driving on the wrong side of the road, for any potential buyers wanting to do Euro Road Trips &
comes with the “French Air Quality” & the “German TUV NORD” Emission stickers.

Offers around £10995 for this well above average R171 350 SLK

For more information contact Myself via PM or at: “Trevs5 at Yahoo dot co dot uk”

PS: Sorry, this SLK 350 doesn’t include My Chef Navigator:

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,494 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number.
3. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
4. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
5. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for cars, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still available for Sale - R171/350, for anyone tempted to upgrade >:D

The car is now MOT'd till 27/9/2019, which flagged up the front brake pads, which have been replaced at MB Basingstoke.

Plus had it's Year 8 service today, which included: Brake Fluid, Combination Cabin Filter, Air Filter and 6 x Spark Plugs, again at Mercedes Benz, Basingstoke.

·
Premium Member
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autotrader ad link has expired .....
Yes that is correct - Sorry You missed out on some "more" SLK R171/350 pic's...!!
Was only a 3 week £50 Auto Trader advert, but did get ~570 views, though one or two of the views may have been Me....!! >:D

On the plus side for one North Hampshire Couple - They became the proud owner of a Palladium Silver R171/SLK350 today..!!
I'm happy that My SLK has gone to a good home & only a few miles away, so may see it time to time! :smile:

So can a efficient Moderator mark this advert as "SOLD" :tu:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,494 Posts
Thread closed :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.