Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
For sale is my used and fully working roof module which performs the same sort of functions for the R171 vario-roof as the SmartTop

• One Touch Control - flick the switch on the centre console once and the roof will go up or down fully without any other input. This can be initiated and completed at speeds up to 30 mph and with the engine on or off.
  • Remote control "down" - Three presses on "unlock" on the key will unlock the car and put the vario-roof down from 80-100m away allowing you to get in, start up, and drive away roof down!
  • Remote control "up" - Three presses on "lock" on the key will lock the car and put the vario-roof and all windows up from 80-100m away allowing you to get out of your car and walk away casually whilst this happens (I never look back :smile:)
  • You can easily deactivate the module prior to servicing etc to make it invisible to car mechanic's diagnostics using the telephone keypad steering wheel buttons

The module was made and supplied by Piecha Design who still sell SLK mods and I have owned if from new, bought from them.
It is the Right Hand Drive version which has the longer red positive lead which easily taps into power within 2 minutes, to the below right of the steering wheel.

It is fully functional and working and has been faultless since I bought it in 2006 (for 377 Euro!).
Tested prior to final disconnection from the R171 SLK350 that I am in the process of selling

It is fully complete as I have the installation instructions (In English and German!) as well as the wiring loom, crimp connector and the earth connection screw.
It is basically supplied "as new"
Fitting genuinely takes 20-30 minutes as the attached instructions say and it is fully reversible if you sell the car (as I have proven)

I am based in SE3, South London and collection or postage (After cleared funds) is possible.

I am selling for £140 and cash on collection preferred. I might even help fit it!
I can take Paypal, but additional fees need to apply to cover the Paypal commission. Otherwise bank transfer, cleared cheque or cash on collection

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,579 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
@MarkChat, Please update here once confirmed as sold, so that we can close the thread.

·
Super Moderator
11,560 Posts
Hi MrkChat,

Sent pm last night but cannot seem to see a sent item in my folders. Let me know if you received it?

Thanks

N
Two methods to choose from:

1)in the "creation" of the PM, at the bottom check off (save copy in sent folder) --a one-time occurence or

2)in your UserCP, in the Private Messaging section there is a box to tick off to save EVERY pm (sent) in your sent folder. The issue here is that as a non paying member, you are limited to 20 TOTAL pm's in your mailbox (that includes undeleted PMs and sent PM's). You get more "saved" PMs as a paying member (a perk).

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,579 Posts
Thread closed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.