Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
HI everyone,

I have a 'spare' genuine OEM plexi wnd-breaker with the 2 side pieces for the hoops. No bag unfortunately but who takes these off once fitted anyway.

Before I put it on an un-named auction site, I thought I would see if any interest here in the obvious place.

I'm looking for £250 for it and will include delivery by courier (DPD) for that price.

I don't have pics at the moment but could take some if required.

Not sure if people can PM or not - do you have to have a certain no of posts first?

Cheers,

Colin

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,579 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
4. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for parts, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

·
93,579 Posts
HI everyone,

I have a 'spare' genuine OEM plexi wnd-breaker with the 2 side pieces for the hoops. No bag unfortunately but who takes these off once fitted anyway.

Before I put it on an un-named auction site, I thought I would see if any interest here in the obvious place.

I'm looking for £250 for it and will include delivery by courier (DPD) for that price.

Not sure if people can PM or not - do you have to have a certain no of posts first?

Cheers,

Colin

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.

·
Premium Member
11,227 Posts
. . . . .
. . . . .
£250 sounds a very reasonable price for the OEM windbreaker... maybe adding some photos here would generate a little more interest?

(just add a post here with the pics - which would be another 1 post towards you being able to PM people back too) :D

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
£250 sounds a very reasonable price for the OEM windbreaker... maybe adding some photos here would generate a little more interest?

(just add a post here with the pics - which would be another 1 post towards you being able to PM people back too) :D
Hi,
That's a good way to get the post count up! I guess this will also add to that count, so only one more to go :)
I am due to take some pics of it tonight for someone that sent a PM so will add them to this post when done.

Colin

·
93,579 Posts
Instructions here
Installs in about 15 seconds

I have had the same oem in 2 different SLKs from 2005 to present...14 years now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,275 Posts
For anyone with a R171, this is a must have accessory if You want to cruise & chat with passenger at Motorway Speeds.... (I took it out once, while going into the MB Garage & what a difference...)
Any yes, never took mine out in 6 years, except to clean, so the bag is not required:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Bleen,

Thanks for the interest, I have replied to your PM.

Anyone know a good shipping method from UK to California? :)

Cheers,

Colin

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Bleen,

Thanks for the interest, I have replied to your PM.

Anyone know a good shipping method from UK to California? :)

Cheers,

Colin
I should probably say that I can't do it for 250 incl shipping but will knock £10 off for the original UK shipping price.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Colin,
No problem, I only got your PM this morning and I see that you sent it last night.
I have sent you the information now via PM.
Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
I have the exact same one in my 2010. The central panel is embossed SLK 'TwoLook' Special Edition

Hence I never park it with the roof open, as I'm so paranoid some nasty person will come along and unclip it, which is very easy to do by the way!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have the exact same one in my 2010. The central panel is embossed SLK 'TwoLook' Special Edition

Hence I never park it with the roof open, as I'm so paranoid some nasty person will come along and unclip it, which is very easy to do by the way!
I must admit i have never considered this if I have parked with my roof open - not that I do that very often - after all, you wouldn't leave a saloon with all the windows down, would you? :)

It doesn't have to be something going missing from the car, you may find when you get back to it that you have extras, like a discarded cigarette or someone's litter, which is almost as bad in my view.

Cheers,

Colin

·
93,579 Posts
Even with top down, if you lock the car, all gloveboxes are locked. Depends on model, motion sensor is armed also

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.