D32F2437-A7E7-4DD4-9188-1F9CF91134DC.jpg

9631BF9F-DE40-4686-954C-EBC03E0994D7.jpg

FD0B23F4-C838-44ED-AB10-723F98E0116E.jpg

8DE68F2E-C21D-4483-BCAB-65007E0901A8.jpg

00C7A8EA-52DF-4426-A67F-A9760DF5B82C.jpg

CE199D31-7594-4465-B8D3-26C37698F203.jpg

0DB3B390-F76E-47F8-8213-C3A1D7673DBC.jpg

Hi all, our SLK is up for sale.

It’s an 05 car so the cheaper road tax. The car has MOT till 2020. I’ve got some history from when I bought it and the receipts for the things I have had done.

It is a higher mileage one (142k) however still is a great car. I’ve had it on gumtree and had a couple of people tell me that as there is one other in the UK cheaper than mine, mine is overpriced however the other one is still there so maybe it’s not that great.

Ours has the air scarf option, after market wind deflector, heater seats and the sat nav/multi changer system with Bluetooth phone module.

Since having it I’ve had some big jobs done on it,
New radiator due to a leak (genuine Amg one fitted) as it lost gear oil. It’s also had a full gearbox rebuild due to this using new components from Merc. (I had to write a letter to Merc before they would sell the parts to the garage as they are coded?) This means all coolant and gear oil was done about a year ago.
We also identified corrosion coming on the rear subframe last year which I’ve read is a common issue with them rotting from inside out. I have had a new genuine Merc rear subframe fitted plus 2 new arms and rear brake flexy hoses (and brake fluid change)
I’ve keep on top of regular oil changes doing them more often than needed and since having it, new pads all round.
It has two remote working keys.

I do also have a smart top and double din audio conversion kit (with steering controls for the fibre optic set up). I’ve taken these out to sell separately once the car is sold however happy to do a deal with these if someone was interested.

Bad points -
People seem to think it’s worth nothing as it’s high mileage. While I’ll take reasonable offers, I’d rather keep it than sell it for nothing as it’s soooooo much fun to drive.
The drivers seat base heater doesn’t work. Common issue I believe but I never use the seat heater, only the scarfs so never fixed it.
I can’t seem to get my iPhone to connect to the Bluetooth but an old android one did so most likely me. - I had the double din conversion so never really bothered looking at it.
Very occasionally the blower motor is a bit noisy than normal for the first couple of minutes. Usually if the car has been parked outside and not used for a few days.
It could do with a nice polish however having recently moved I haven’t had the time. It does have some marks etc on the paint but it is 14 years old.

The car is located in Clifton, Rugby near the M6j1, M1j18 and A5. Viewing will need to be evening or weekends. I have a dry lit garage

I’m advertising it at £11,500 which looking around I feel is right and I have been as honest as possible. If anyone is interested or has any questions please ask. I’m not rushing to sell it so mileage will go up as this car is serious fun but we are doing a house up and in time want a 50’s pick up for something totally different for a little while.

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,499 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number.
3. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
4. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.
5. Seller, please post a reply informing us that it sold when someone buys it. Saves folks trawling for cars, only to find that they have gone. Thanks.

SLKWorld is not liable for any problems that result out of participating in Buying/Selling on this site.
Let the buyer/seller beware.

·
93,499 Posts
Post 1 updated with lower price

·
Registered
273 Posts
Does the engine number come within the ones of the dreaded 'Balance Shaft' fault ?
If so, what is the condition of the Balance Shaft Sprocket in ? :x

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Sounds great value to me,

I have only seen a couple of SLK55s advertised here, ( Australia ) for less than the equivalent of about £22k and the cheapest was still £16k. Used Car prices in UK always sound so attractive.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is now sold. It was a trader so didn’t want the smart top or audio kit so I’ll get some pics of these and add them to a new post incase anyone is interested.

·
93,499 Posts
Thread closed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.