Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys we were going to have a lot of work done on the SLK but went to the dealer to check on gold badging and to make a long story short we ended up buying a 2007 SL 550 --- we know this takes us out of the loop here. We have enjoyed very much meeting people here and the drives we have had
Will keep in touch through the site and if you feel like inviting us to some functions naturally we would love to come and see old friends and swap stories.
I have that special OEM wind screen engraved "1 of 1171" it won't go on the new car so if someones interested I will give then a good price. It will only fit 171 bodies with stock roll bars.
We are still running the computers on the folding at home so it will still add to Slk World standing.
If anybody wants our e-mail pm me and I will give it to you.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Keep posting from time to time mate, Congradulations on the V8 SL. Over here its still badged "500" yet it has the same 4 valve 388hp you got.

What colour, Interior, Wood did you settle for and does it have the Sports kit?

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mohammed
Mars red premium I package plus black leather upgrade wood steering wheel and shifter in walnut burl plus chrome wheels it has to be shipped in from Arizona then they will put the wheels on and do the touch of class paint treatment might get it by this Friday. Also has the light package. Meanwhile they let us keep the SLK rather than loan us C series sedan

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Hey, Cruzer, get a "K" from one of the guys and stick it on tha SL with temp tape and post pictures. Nobody will even notice. Please continue to participate in the forum fun here, we forgive you for stepping out and moving up to a bigger, more expensive car that does the same thing our cars do........:confused::confused::confused: ARE YOU CRAZY????:confused::confused: ((((musta been drugs, reckon a moment of weakness caused by over the counter meds is a defense for a sellin your SLK?))))

Hey, git you an old 98-99 like mine and park it in the garage, then you can brag that you have one and not feel like a total IDIOT......:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: Enjoy the new ride and Thanks for all the past humor and that to come...:tu::tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:biglaugh:Congratulations on the SL 550. Please post some pics of the SL, everyone here loves a nice Mercedes. Good luck and happy SL 550 motoringR).

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
WOW! congrats guys, that's terrific! the sl is a beautiful car and i'm sure you two will love it. please continue to grace us with your presence.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Congratulations Gene and Jo! Do post piccies and stay in touch.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Congrats on the SL! I wanted that to be our *first* MB, and *love* the look of the car. My wife is very short and once she had been in the SLK and the SL, the reply about the SL was "It's too big." vs. the SLK that she fit right into.

I think a reasonable compromise is the SLK55 "for her" instead.

The last thing she remembers was looking at the sticker on the SLK280 and commenting "...well, that's not too bad..."

I'm thinking once she sees the little blue MB bear with a key around it's neck she won't freak out quite as much later when she's signing for the 55 with me... ;-)

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe I'll add a SL section, been thinking about that for about 6mo
Since they both share the same hardtop.
Thank that would be great Bill They do look pretty similar and share much of the same technology and the AMG version are pretty much the same as the SLK 55 in the performance area.
The New SL body looks very much like the 170 body SLK from a distance and certain angles its hard to tell them apart.
I think if we had hook ups (drives) with both models it would still turn heads and NORMAL people coudn't tell the difference.
Plus might open up for more members without getting to far afield.
By the way like the new banners just the righ touch of class

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Maybe I'll add a SL section, been thinking about that for about 6mo
Since they both share the same hardtop.
I would quadruple that motion. It'll include Dan's daily driver the SL63 AMG. :) :tu:

Gene, you're so special and beloved that there may be an SL section in SLK world. :D

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I was thinking Mars red would be his first choice, good Red is a very nice colour especially with Black interior. If you look at older SL's such as the Pagoda 280, 190 SL and the R107 SL from late 70's-80's one of the most colour combinations in demand is Red/Black or Red/Tan.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.