Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello all,

selling my RHD Xenon headlights which are in very good shape except for age related yellowish tint. Offering them at a discount price as they need to go so I can free up space in the garage.

They came off my SLK 55 AMG in replacement for LHD headlights needed in Continental Europe.

Here are the details:

1) re. the donor car
- LHD SLK R171
- built as LHD for the Japanese market despite being a left side traffic country
- 18k miles on the clock
- built in 01-2005, thus a pre-facelift model
- MB option code is 618 'bi-xenon headlights left hand traffic'

2) re. the headlights
- original Hella bi-xenon headlights with all ECUs attached
- fully functioning
- all holding clips to attach the lights to the body (4 of them on each light) are perfectly ok, nothing damaged or broken
- there are 6 copper braces to attach the glass to the body of the headlight. Two of them are missing on the left headlight which does not impede the function. Not sure if they can be bought seperately at MB.
- Part numbers should be A 171 820 39 61 for the left unit and A 171 820 40 61 for the right unit (however the numbers seem to have been removed from the plastic housings of the headlights, no idea why)

3) what is left to do for the buyer
a) polish: age related yellowish tint on both headlights, however no scratches, tears, or stone chips - having them polished at a detailer should cost about 50 - 70 GBP
b) replace bulbs: strongly recommend fitting new xenon bulbs as fitting them once installed in the car is a pain
c) potentially replace the 2 missing copper braces which will likely amount to less than 5 GBP

Given the headlights need work done as described in (3) above, I am offering the pair for 180 GBP (or USD or EUR equivalent based on exchange rate at date of sale) excl. shipping to buyer's location.

Payment would be via money transfer (transferwise.com or OFX.com to avoid ridiculous bank charges) prior to shipping.

Shipping would be from Germany and at the buyer's expense. Shipping charges would depend on buyer's location.

As an example, I'd charge 50 GBP for two big parcels via DHL to the UK.

Any questions please let me know :smile:

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK55 AMG
1,672 Posts
Lights

Interested. PM Sent!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Interested. PM Sent!
If it’s a simple swap to replace damaged or deteriorated headlights you propose, that’s fine. If it’s an upgrade you want to achieve then I believe you may need headlamp washers fitted too. I think I read something somewhere about a car failing it’s MOT due to not having washers and self levelling Xenon headlights. Perhaps I am wrong but it’s worth checking out first.
Regards, Pops.

·
1,672 Posts
If it’s a simple swap to replace damaged or deteriorated headlights you propose, that’s fine. If it’s an upgrade you want to achieve then I believe you may need headlamp washers fitted too. I think I read something somewhere about a car failing it’s MOT due to not having washers and self levelling Xenon headlights. Perhaps I am wrong but it’s worth checking out first.
Regards, Pops.
I have the same headlights, mine are badly faded and orange peeled. Have polished them but the results are not good so I wish to buy these and replace.

I have already removed the front bumper and lights!

Reactions: Pops

·
1,672 Posts
Hi Ian,

just tried to send you a PM but I do not have sufficient level of posts on the forum to send PMs.

Could you send me another PM with your email address. I'd then write you an email.

Cheers,
Oliver
Sent contact details

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
99,797 Posts
Thread closed

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.