Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am parting with my SLK for something more sensible (E Class Estate) and I am already starting to regret it. I have had such fun in that car.

I have a 'StormForce' all year round fitted cover and bag which I bought very recently. I will part with this to the first of you who will pay me €100 plus postage (I haven't a clue... so, let's say you will pay a max of €15 to Ireland/UK/Europe and a fortune elsewhere).

Bye for now, but I will be looking in at the ride of the month - mournfully.

Regards,

Steve.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,423 Posts
Steve, sorry to see you sell
do you have pictures?
and a contact email possibly?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jeff, I have never had a better car. My wife says I love the car more than I love her; which isn't true; I love them both the same. But, we don't really have the weather and I can't really justify keeping two cars any longer. I am in the small, but lucky category of people who have owned an SLK and I am grateful for that.

This is the cover...

Mercedes SLK R172 Stormforce CAR Cover | eBay

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used to keep Irish Wolfhounds (as in the picture) and I need an estate, so I am trading both the SLK and CLA for an E Class so I can get some dogs again.

Here's the car...

Regards,

Steve [email protected]

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
@SLKSteve, is this cover for the R171 or the R172?
Your thread title (and photo of your car) suggests R171, but the eBay link you provided above is for the R172.
Thanks, Dave

Reactions: jbanks15

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well spotted, Dave.

The cover is for the R171 (2005); it is partly elasticated so I would imagine that it would fit all of the models. I searched for the cover on eBay for a picture (and so you could see how much you are saving!) - I really should pay more attention.

Regards,

Steve.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dave,

I was looking at your car and was wondering why you would need parktronic for a car that is four feet long! I was in a petrol station and an assistant came up to me and said 'that is a SMALL car'. The only other comment made was when I was stopped by the Guards (police) driving out of Limerick with the roof down. He walked round the car twice before saying ' that is a fantastic car' and sent me on my way.

I also noticed theweather in the photo and see that you desperately need an all weather car cover!

Regards,

Steve.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Steve, I've sent you an email...

Also, parktronic isn't really needed on this car, although it is nice to have, just in case you don't spot a low concrete bollard, or something. The best reason for having it is then there are no 'blank' buttons on the dash! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.