Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 2003 SLK32-sold
36 Posts
Over the years, I have made a number of custom grilles for members of the R170 forums. This is one that I made for a customer that decided they preferred a completely blacked out grille with no MB star. This is the only grille I have ever made like this, and I believe it's one of the nicest styles I've created. I had to fabricate special bucks to create this particular grille in order to form a single piece of AMG mesh and then inset the all metal, factory chrome MB star into a depression in the center. I normally charge $400 for these custom SLK grilles. I am making space in the shop and will sell this one for $300 shipped in the lower 48. It is unique, very attractive, professionally fabricated, and no other grille like it exists on any R170.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator 2010 SLK300 2LOOK
14,924 Posts
Over the years, I have made a number of custom grilles for members of the R170 forums.
Hi Chuck, did you make Jae9021 (DaytonaJae) grille?

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,055 Posts
Can you make R171 grilles as well?
Thanks,
Edward

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,112 Posts
amg 170 custome grill still available?
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Your 1st thread should be your introduction so we can welcome you properly so post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already. New Members Introduce Yourself Here - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location and post an introduction first.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: ROTM Submissions & Voting - Mercedes Benz SLK Forum

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Minion
5,602 Posts
Do you make them for the 171 as well? Thanks :D And I'm also curious about what MK asked for, Jae is the only person I've seen with a no star solid mesh 170 grille.

Over the years, I have made a number of custom grilles for members of the R170 forums. This is one that I made for a customer that decided they preferred a completely blacked out grille with no MB star. This is the only grille I have ever made like this, and I believe it's one of the nicest styles I've created. I had to fabricate special bucks to create this particular grille in order to form a single piece of AMG mesh and then inset the all metal, factory chrome MB star into a depression in the center. I normally charge $400 for these custom SLK grilles. I am making space in the shop and will sell this one for $300 shipped in the lower 48. It is unique, very attractive, professionally fabricated, and no other grille like it exists on any R170.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you make R171 grilles as well?
Thanks,
Edward
You have an amazing looking SLK55...always wanted to widebody a '32. But to your question, sorry no. If I were in the states I'd offer to build one if you sent me a stock grille, but I'm out of the country right now.

·
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you make them for the 171 as well? Thanks :D And I'm also curious about what MK asked for, Jae is the only person I've seen with a no star solid mesh 170 grille.
I've made other no-star grilles -- last one for a customer in Colorado. Sorry no R171 at present but if I build one in the future I will post.

Thx,
Craig

·
Premium member 2001 SLK320
801 Posts
would you be thinking of making another 170 version

in black, with a star, and would you post across the pond?:smile:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
Thanks for the update... Closing thread.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.