Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
I'm sure it does have value to someone. If you do a search on eBay for "SLK Comand", you'll see something very similar (perhaps identical) for sale for over £700 (I've no idea whether it's worth that amount or not though).

I'm gong to move this thread to the Parts For Sale section, but it might be useful to add some other information for prospective buyers, such as:
• how much would you want for it?
• do you have any alternative contact details, as you don't have enough posts to respond to PMs yet?
• is there any additional information about the unit, such as part number, etc.?

You won't be able to edit your post yet, particularly once I've moved it to the For Sale section, but if you post any additional information into this thread, one of the moderators will merge it into your original post for you.

Thanks
Dave

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK350
2,455 Posts
Hi There,
I have just switched out the comand unit from my 2009 R171 SLK and wondered if it had any sell on value?
It certainly has.
By the looks of it is a NTG1 unit which comes with a pre-FL R171, though your car is from 2009 so a FL?
Bought one myself a few years ago for about 700 €, but that was refurbished and had a 6 month warranty.
If you put up on ebay as a private sell a more realistic price is something like 400 €.
That is if it functions flawless.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Yeah, that doesn't look like a 2009 unit. The FL units have black buttons, not silver.

That said there are regularly people with the basic non-COMAND head-unit looking to replace theirs. So if you keep it up for sale, someone will eventually snap it up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's a photo of the model number of the unit:

I also have the Viseo MB4+ that connects to it.

The only reason I swapped it out is because the Viseo is compatible with Iphone and doesn't work so well with a Samsung (which is what I have).

Claire

·
11,406 Posts
Yeah, that is the original NTG-1. I don't understand how a 2009 SLK ended up with that unit, unless someone swapped out a non-COMAND unit that the car came with perhaps?

See here for brief explanation of the different "NTG"s:

http://www.navigps.lt/store/bin/fckeditor/MB.pdf
Looking at the mirrors and antenna, I'd say that it's a pre-facelift car that's had the Brabus mods applied to (and I'd be prepared to bet that the dash buttons are silver, not black).
http://www.slkworld.com/new-members-introduce-yourself-here/384450-hello-swindon-uk.html#post3124930
Perhaps it's a pre-FL car that a MB/Brabus dealer had in stock so they decided to apply the Brabus mods to it to make it more appealing to a prospective buyer... I've seen that happen with other Brabus modded cars in the UK too. I do like the subtle Brabus mods, as shown in the above post. :)

Good news is that it's now confirmed it's a NTG1 Comand unit that's available, should someone need one...

·
11,406 Posts
Hi is the viseo mb4. Also for sale ?
Thanks
Yuri, perhaps worth sending a PM to @cmountj1 too, with some alternative contact details (such as your email address), because she doesn't have enough posts to send you a PM yet.

·
2,455 Posts
Looking at the mirrors and antenna, I'd say that it's a pre-facelift car that's had the Brabus mods applied to (and I'd be prepared to bet that the dash buttons are silver, not black).
Yup, definitely pre-facelift. If you click on the pics your linked to a site with more pics, among them this:
IMG-20160918-WA0005_zpswv0jbewa.jpg Photo by kjmr1 | Photobucket

That's absolutely a pre-FL interior.
Beautiful car, but not 2009.
So that explains the NTG1.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi Sneaky Pete, I'm a bit confused that you said it's not 2009. The log book says it was first registered 31/03/2009?
Anyways, we bought it with the mods already done so I can't explain it's history lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've read the info in the link to the different NTG's posted by Durkatlon and it says:

NTG1 was the first DVD based system fitted to the W211 E class, the CLS class, the old W220 and W215 S
and CL classes, the SL and the SLK. The navigation processor was seperate and in the boot (trunk) of the
car. The AGW (amplifier, tuner and diagnostic interface) is also part of this setup and it is a seperate hidden
unit in the boot or under the passenger feet in the SLK.

Does this mean that I would also have to strip out the navigation processor and AGW to sell as a a whole?

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Hi Sneaky Pete, I'm a bit confused that you said it's not 2009. The log book says it was first registered 31/03/2009?
Anyways, we bought it with the mods already done so I can't explain it's history lol.
It's clearly a pre-facelift car, based on the COMAND you have for sale here, as well as the pictures you posted in your welcome thread. You can tell by the style of the mirrors, the front bumper, the steering wheel, among other things

This makes your car a model year 2008 at the latest; 2009 was the first post-facelift year.

If you post your VIN number, someone will grab the datacard for the car, and you should be able to tell from that.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,421 Posts
He is EU so 2008 was fl for them (late 2008) :D

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi There,
I have just switched out the comand unit from my 2009 R171 SLK and wondered if it had any sell on value? ...
I don't know what the value is.

However, what did you replace it with? That's interesting to me ... I have a 2006 with COMAND that I would like to get working with my regular iDevices BT, etc.

G

·
2,455 Posts
Registration date is something different than the date it was manufactured. It was probably part of some dealer's stock until it was first sold. But don't let it bother you, it's still a beautiful car. I just wondered how a NTG1 unit could get in a FL car. Comand in FL cars was replaced by a NTG2.5 unit, which looks a bit different.

You could also sell the AGW and nav unit as these are probably obsolete now. Depends a bit on how the install of the Dynavin unit was done. Was the speaker wiring and antenna wire rerouted to the Dynavin or was a MOST converter like this installed ?
If the latter is the case you still need the AGW.
Nav will be obsolete in either case.
To give you an idea, nav goes for roughly 150-200 € and AGW 200-300 € on ebay.
Good luck with the sell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Registration date is something different than the date it was manufactured. It was probably part of some dealer's stock until it was first sold. But don't let it bother you, it's still a beautiful car. I just wondered how a NTG1 unit could get in a FL car. Comand in FL cars was replaced by a NTG2.5 unit, which looks a bit different.

You could also sell the AGW and nav unit as these are probably obsolete now. Depends a bit on how the install of the Dynavin unit was done. Was the speaker wiring and antenna wire rerouted to the Dynavin or was a MOST converter like this installed ?
If the latter is the case you still need the AGW.
Nav will be obsolete in either case.
To give you an idea, nav goes for roughly 150-200 € and AGW 200-300 € on ebay.
Good luck with the sell.
I have been searching a while for pre facelift COMAND units to replace my Japanese COMAND. I would see the headunit at rather 400-500 EUR and the AGW at 100-200 EUR if it is an AGW SOUND (Harman Kardon Sound System) or a standard AGW 50 -100 EUR.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Pearlwhite, are you looking to purchase this head unit? The AGW isn't for sale as the new head unit is connected to it.

Claire

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.