Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
mercedes benz slk Alustyle basic carrier bars roof rack B6 781 2108 for slk class cars made with option 726 code (pre-installation for carrier system).
As per Genuine accessories for the SLK-Class

http://www.mercedes-benz.com.cn/content/media_library/china/mpc_china/SERVICES/Accessories_Collection/Collection_Brochure_Folder/SLK-Class_Accessories.object-Single-MEDIA.tmp/SLK-ClassAccessories.pdf

Alustyle basic carrier bars

The Alustyle basic carrier bars, specifically developed for the SLK, are precision- tailored to the vario-roof and are fitted to the A-pillar and the rear. The vehicle must feature the optional extra “pre-installation for carrier systems”. The Alustyle basic carrier bars are compatible with a variety of different roof-mounted accessories (e.g. ski and snowboard rack, bicycle rack and roof boxes)

So these roof racks will only fit SLK cars fitted with option 726, which my car was ordered with. sadly it was a write off after last storm in Melbourne.

Measurements : about 150cm x 20 cm x 20cm. Please note AU post does not allow items longer than 105cm to be sent, so if you require this to be posted, there are various couriers that do it.
photos: mercedes benz slk Alustyle basic carrier bars roof rack B6 781 2108 | eBay

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,302 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,302 Posts
Wondering if these will fit the R170? I know the bars had the same design. Any input greatly appreciated
Thanks
Ben, remember

seller is in Australia.....probably cost a ton to ship to usa

·
Registered
10 Posts
yep, still dusting....AU post does not ship items longer than 140cm and so it would have to be a courier of your choice :)

No problem there. So we're clear. These are the lateral bars I'd need for my R170. However I'd have to source the A pillar attachments myself? (Or do you have those included?)

Thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Any chance you could find the A pillars (optn 726) in your neck of the woods? Ive asked my dealer here and they don't want to help because they have to import them.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
@zeusthegreatest2 resurrecting an old thread here, but any chance you still have the bars lying around? :)
OP hasn't been back to the forum since August 2017... perhaps try sending an email instead (email address in post 3 of this thread, above). :D

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,406 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.