Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the last week going back and forward between Phoenix and Las Vegas I spotted 11 Slk,s 9 have been R172 and 2 R171 only 1 Slk Owner has been reading the instruction manual how to lower the roof.:grin::grin:

I did not count all the other Convertibles going down the road like Bmw Mercedes Mustangs Mazda Fiat 98% had the top down. Could it be that Soft Top Owners are a Bunch of fun people and the Tin Can Owners are not??

And Sarge before you ask me if I carded them????? How can you with the roof closed.:laugh::laugh:

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
94,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You pull em over as below

Hmm never thought about it should be pretty easy running them of the road with my Semi but I need some business cards from my fav. Body Shop first. Let me make a call.:tu::tu:

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Over the last week going back and forward between Phoenix and Las Vegas I spotted 11 Slk,s 9 have been R172 and 2 R171 only 1 Slk Owner has been reading the instruction manual how to lower the roof.:grin::grin:

I did not count all the other Convertibles going down the road like Bmw Mercedes Mustangs Mazda Fiat 98% had the top down. Could it be that Soft Top Owners are a Bunch of fun people and the Tin Can Owners are not??
I guess the lure of air conditioning is proving too much to some of our brethren (or church hair). :wink:

·
Premium Member
964 Posts
I moved from Cali to Boston, and in the 4+ years living here, I have seen close to a dozen SLKs and not one had their roof down. Not a single one. Recently I carded an SLK owner while we were both parked at Home Depot, when she drove away she had her top UP, whereas when I drove away right behind her, I had my top DOWN.

It isn't about hair makeup or the comfort of A/C blasting away, it had to be something else. In Cali, many SLK owners drive top down... beautiful weather, and culture of open air driving permeates for convertible owners... In the North East, that "culture" is missing... maybe here people are conditioned to close the roof bcos of the unpredictable weather patterns... That is what I believe accounts for the majority of SLK owners driving top UP here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts