Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Since it came up on the other thread, thought I'd start a new one to see how much interest there is in doing this.

Plan would be to leave the LA area on Saturday morning, arrive to Solvang or Buellton for lunch, then hit one or two wineries on the way to Lompoc, where we'd check in early PM to a hotel walking distance to the Wine Ghetto. Optional that PM would be to walk there and drink till we're content. Next morning we can pick up delicious picninc supplies in Lompoc, and visit wineries around the area (spaced out and eating plenty on the way). Picninc lunch would be in Riverbench, after which people can start heading home as they see fit.

Since hotel availability can be an issue, I suggest whoever's interested to book a room ASAP.

Any takers? First couple to RSVP gets free tasting in Riverbench :grin:

I just booked my room at O'cairns inn in Lompoc for the night of October 15th.

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,781 Posts
This sounds like fun wish I could make it, trying to see if I can fit it in my schedule. If not I guess I can always watch the movie Sideways.

https://youtu.be/YS9ocP6FNvM

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Awaiting permission ....

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Count me in, the wine country looks amazing and the city of Solvang has such cool architecture, hopefully we'll stop in there as well.

I'm booked for O'Cairns Inn and Suites (940 E Ocean Avenue, Lompoc, CA 93436) on Oct-15, looking forward to it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts