Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pablo has been asking for this route for a while, and after I met rocketace2012 for lunch today it was clear it is time!

I propose a run to Anza Borrego desert and Palomar mountain, Saturday April 7th. With all the rain we've had lately I'm hoping there'll be some cool flowers in the desert.

The meeting point would be the North County Fair (CLICK!!) shopping mall in south Escondido. This mall is apparently also called Westfield North County Mall, but I'm old school. We'll meet up at 9:30AM, leaving at 10:00AM to start the drive.

This linked picture (CLICK!!) shows a general area to meet at the North County Shopping Center. There's two gas stations (Chevron and Shell) across the street from the parking area. It's best to fill up the tanks before meeting in the parking area.

We'll leave at 10:00am from the mall parking. The likely route will take us to Ramona, Old Julian Highway, Wynola Rd and then into the desert. After that we'll head over to Borrego Springs for some food. Then onwards back off the desert floor over to Palomar for some more twisty fun and cool scenery.

Pablo, I realize 9:30am is very early for you, but perhaps you can try to go to bed early for a change :D.

Hope to see everyone there on the 7th. Note that if the weather is absolute crap I'll move it by a week so make sure you get your taxes done early just in case.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
For those in Orange County, we can meet up at 8:00 am. It's probably a 90-minute ride, more-or-less. Post your suggested waypoint.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,467 Posts
I am in

I am in and looking forward to meeting all you So Cal SLKers!!! :tu:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
Durk, you sure picked the worst date, we're hosting an annual Easter party for Jan's family that day. Too bad, I was really looking forward to doing this run.

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Durk, you sure picked the worst date, we're hosting an annual Easter party for Jan's family that day. Too bad, I was really looking forward to doing this run.
Sorry man. Well this is my 3rd time organizing a run along these lines, so you'll just have to make it out for the inevitable 4th time :D. We probably won't go all the way up to the telescope this time, so that can be a separate run later this year.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,296 Posts
I told Jan about the run and the date conflict, and she says I can still go on the run if I want.
My wife is so cool like that...
or is she just messing with my head?:biglaugh:

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peter, that's very nice of Jan! Well, we're off to a flying start here, so I'll just put a little roll-call up:

1. Durkatlon
2. etyu
3. rocketace2012
4. PWSLK

·
4,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry Klinh, didn't mean to drop you off the roll-call. I think we posted at the same time. Will be great to have you guys!

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I'm tentative for now. Not sure what is happening for that weekend, I may be out of town.

1. Durkatlon
2. etyu
3. rocketace2012
4. PWSLK
5. Klinh
6. AMGSC
7. ponia003 (tentative)

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Thanks Durk for planning and the PMs - looking forward to seeing everyone!

1. Durkatlon
2. etyu
3. rocketace2012
4. PWSLK
5. Klinh
6. AMGSC
7. ponia003 (tentative)
8. Bleen
9. mbpaul

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,467 Posts
Durk, I am sorry but I will miss the meet this weekend :mad: Wife and I are flying out to Tucson for the weekend... checking out properties with a RE agent... This trip got moved up 2 weeks earlier than originally planned due to last minute changes on the AZ side. Real sorry about this... Will miss all of you but hopefully there will be a "next time".

·
S L K Tech Enthusiast
602 Posts
Sorry, I won't be able to make it this time. Looks like the list is filling out nicely. With the recent rain it should look and smell wonderful. Everybody, have some extra fun for me.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Updated list:

1. Durkatlon
2. etyu
3. PWSLK
4. Klinh
5. AMGSC
6. ponia003 (tentative)
7. Bleen
8. mbpaul