Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Update:
Via a conversation with Durkatlon:Beer::
We are going to be doing the run on 6/29. We will meet at the Starbucks in Woodland Hills at 5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd at 9:30am for a 10:00am drive-off. There is ample parking right around the corner from the Starbucks in front of the Petco.

At the end of the run, we can have lunch at Malibu Seafood (which also has non-seafood) or if someone has a different suggestion, by all means chip in!

---------------
Original Post:
I've been wanting to set up a cruise for a while and am wondering how many people are interested in going. I was thinking about doing a run around topanga and mulholland. This isn't a set thing nor is a date set up, this is merely to see who is interesting in doing a meet and then going from there!
Cheers

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,919 Posts
I was just talking to Eddy ("etyu") about this on Saturday.

We were thinking 6/29 for the run. How about we meet at the Starbucks in Woodland Hills at 5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd at 9:30am for a 10:00am drive-off. There is ample parking right around the corner from the Starbucks in front of the Petco.

Lunch at the end at Malibu Seafood (which also has non-seafood for people like me :D) or if someone has a different suggestion, by all means!

EDIT: See picture of meet-up spot and indication of where to park. Big arrow points in direction of nearest gas station on corner of Ventura & Canoga. You can also exit the freeway at Canoga which will put you right at the gas station if you want pump on the way in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
I was just talking to Eddy ("etyu") about this on Saturday.

We were thinking 6/29 for the run. How about we meet at the Starbucks in Woodland Hills at 5422 Topanga Canyon Blvd at 9:30am for a 10:00am drive-off. There is ample parking right around the corner from the Starbucks in front of the Petco.

Lunch at the end at Malibu Seafood (which also has non-seafood for people like me :D) or if someone has a different suggestion, by all means!
thats 5 min. away for us.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do we want to do this separately? or join them after we meet at Starbucks at 9:30 am? Durkatlon has met with them before, so I do not know which path you guys prefer.
The thing about Eurotopia is that it is a lot of people. Some people like it, others prefer smaller ones. This meet is still WIP.

·
4,919 Posts
We might run into the Eurotopians in the canyons :D. That meet has gotten very large and a bit unwieldy. Also it starts very early for those of us having to come from San Diego, although I'd personally still be up for it. I'm an early riser when I have to be.

Let's organize this thing as an SLK meet and then we can take it from there.

Looks like a tentative roll-call at this point might look something like this:

- Nikkislayer7
- Durkatlon
- gizx1020
- etyu

Please add/remove your name as appropriate. I'll send out a combined PM blast for this meet and the NorCal/SoCal meet in a little bit.

·
Registered
343 Posts
- Nikkislayer7
- Durkatlon
- gizx1020
- etyu
- razr-01

Please add/remove your name as appropriate. I'll send out a combined PM blast for this meet and the NorCal/SoCal meet in a little bit.

it's better if we go separate from eurotopia, it gets too crowded and i dont like it

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
For those in OrCo and SD, we can meet at Peet's Coffee and Tea at 8 am, 23700 El toro Road, lake Forest, CA 92630 for the 80 minute ride to Starbucks.
Assuming we would make it ontime, count me in!

So far it seems to be:
- Nikkislayer7
- Durkatlon
- gizx1020
- etyu
- razr-01
- 06SLK-Noob (possibly)
- Bleen
- Jenkinsm (possibly)

Feel free to copy and add yourself to the list. The more the merrier!

·
4,919 Posts
Look familiar? :tu:
Yeah, that was from a run a few years ago, taken on Mulholland. I'm the last black SLK in that group. SantaMonica SLK32 in the front. That reminds me, I have to send him a txt to see if he wants to join our little outing.

Amer, do you have a map of the route you are planning to take on 6/29 with your group (perhaps you could PM me)? I didn't realize you had the drive-off from the secondary meet-up at the top of Topanga, around the exact time we are planning to get onto Mulholland from Woodland Hills (at 10am). If we get caught up in your group that would be fun enough, but I wonder if we might not be able to regroup if that were to happen.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, that was from a run a few years ago, taken on Mulholland. I'm the last black SLK in that group. SantaMonica SLK32 in the front. That reminds me, I have to send him a txt to see if he wants to join our little outing.

Amer, do you have a map of the route you are planning to take on 6/29 with your group (perhaps you could PM me)? I didn't realize you had the drive-off from the secondary meet-up at the top of Topanga, around the exact time we are planning to get onto Mulholland from Woodland Hills (at 10am). If we get caught up in your group that would be fun enough, but I wonder if we might not be able to regroup if that were to happen.
Durk, I have not planned the route yet, planning on finalizing next week sometime. I will PM it to you. :tu:

·
Premium Member
1,223 Posts
I'm out for this one, getting new brake pads installed in a week and they need ~500 miles of moderate braking to bed properly.

The north LA canyons aren't a place to be limited to moderate braking.:burnout:

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
The canyons are always a great outing - but lets try to avoid getting clogged up in the canyons at the same time as the Eurotopia crowd :)

- Nikkislayer7
- Durkatlon
- gizx1020
- etyu
- razr-01
- 06SLK-Noob (possibly)
- Bleen
- Jenkinsm (possibly)
- mbpaul

·
4,919 Posts
Via PM:

- Nikkislayer7
- Durkatlon
- gizx1020
- etyu
- razr-01
- 06SLK-Noob (possibly)
- Bleen
- Jenkinsm (possibly)
- mbpaul
- le5lieb (possibly)

Looks like a nice group! Very much looking forward to it, especially on a day like today when the weather already glorious.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts