Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK 200
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...up to Scotland to sort the other house out ready for selling.

While I was there I thought I'd take advantage of one of the many local beauty spots in the area for a photo op, in this case an old harbour that hasn't been used for over 100 years. I was pleased to see that there was no-one else around and even more pleasantly surprised that the sun actually came out. This is a very rare occurrence in Scotland as any Scot will confirm.

So it was off with the roof and out with the camera.

Only afterwards did I realise just how filthy the car was after the 200+ mile journey north. I was almost embarrassed but then I remembered it's an SLK so the big beaming smug smile was back.

I decided to keep the roof down for the drive back to the house and bloody cold it was too. I think I've got frostbite :laugh:

This bring up an important question:

Roof down. Windows up or windows down? It matters.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,201 Posts
use your airscarf and heated seats...then windows can stay down

·
Registered 2015 SLK 200
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have the airscarf option, I have a real scarf... and a flat cap to go with it. :grin:

Oh, and cheers for moving this to the right place:tu:

·
Registered 2015 SLK 200
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here we go. Same photo op, different view. Equally dirty.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
233 Posts
I use the seat heater and Airscarf to drive with windows down on coolish days. If really cool, use MAX defrost as that blows hot air on the windscreen and side windows.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
3,307 Posts
Cooler days I will have windows up, use seat heaters, airscarf, heater on 28 degrees and blowing out of vents and also towards my feet with fan on 4 and it’s lovely and toasty.

Nice photos by the way :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Windows up or down ........

It's all relative to speed. Pottering about - then windows down, at 140mph or more on the Autobahn - windows up !!

If I really want to upset the wig - on the limiter with the windows down and the passenger saying Faster !!:wink::surprise::smile:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts