Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,945 Posts
Looks nice. I like the stitching and the fact that it does not have digital climate (honestly that option is more pain than it's worth). The amps and woofer in the trunk probably have to go, unless you are fond of blasting your Schlagers at max volume all over town.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
:td:

Did the USA get a watered down version of the Edition 10? When I look for SLK Edition 10 pictures online, they look decent. This black one doesn't do it for me.

Honestly, I would look at other choices. It just looks like a black SLK350 with neat interior stitching to me. The "Edition" badge also looks out of place on the fender. Did the previous owner custom tint the headlights? Either the pictures are bad or the tint quality is poor. I also love that the trunk space is wasted by the "custom sound system." Look for one with AMG kit and wheels.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
but Black is beautiful Daniel.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
Here's an interesting choice about 100 miles away:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=usedcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=78276236&listingRecNum=5&criteria=sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20028&stkTyp=U&mdId=21877&rd=100&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&zc=85715&rn=0&PMmt=1-1-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&isDealerGrouping=false&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Maybe if the owner puts the AMG sideskirts back on and removes the faux fender fins, it would look good. From what I can guess, some modifications include: Kleemann front lip spoiler, LED taillights (error message), Piecha rear diffuser, stubby antenna, Piecha SLR-stlye side mirrors, and Lorinser Sideskirts. Not sure what the wheels are.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,389 Posts
Now you're talking! and a 55 amg to boot for $24k!!

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
I got an edition 10 in July and I am very happy. The main cosmetic differences are the red stitching and the badge, otherwise it is just a set of options that are included by default. I would reclaim the lost trunk space, at least the sub-woofer. And the fact that you have at least 1 yr warranty because it is CPO is not bad.
Although the AMG version for 24K looks very sweet, just need to check that there are no issues with it.
Good luck with your decision!

- Larry

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Having spent some time in Arizona and the Mojave...I can't imagine black would be a good choice.......no offense to black car owners, but its simply a comfort issue!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.