Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had five SLK's out today running through the hills and canyons. Carlos (TheGhost) ran with us and it was a pleasure. Incredible, he kept up with Scott. Here's a few poor photos that shows the day. Candy was a mad photographer so there should be more coming. I'll have some vid's if they are presentable.

Here they are rebuilding the Infamous Ortega Highway. Etyu and Cyberdraken in the foreground. I wonder what would have happened if a strong earthquake hit.

V8SLK and The Ghost trailing behind me.

In the fire area around Palomar Mountain was eery, here's some postal boxes and stop sign burnt, but the trees next to them came out fine. We were waiting for a flagman to let us through a rebuilding area.

This scene was prevalent in the fire areas, ash rising from the ground in the light santa anna's.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Thank you Tom for the pix and for the route planning.

It was great meeting everyone today. Here are some of the photos from today's run (9-5):

Meeting up at Cook's Corner with a slight haze in the morning sun...

The Ghost and V8SLK, at Lake Elsinore for pit stop ...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
At the parking lot in front of a grocery store in Lake Elsinore ...

The Ghost's ride, very cool Mystic Blue (I think, or is it Jasper Blue? )...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Law enforcement officer (off-duty) checking on The Ghost (joking of course :biglaugh:) ...

R171's at Mount Palomar ...

"I think I forgot the fiberboard padding for the camera mount to minimize vibrations...."

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
R170 (Tslick) and R171 (Cyberdrrakon) at Mount Palomar ... "Hmmm, where did I leave that darn fiberboard thingy.."

At the parking lot in front of DVO (Dodge Valley Oasis), a quaint eatery, somewhere on route 79)...

The owner of the restaurant came by our table and greeted us, saying the line-up below gave his establishment a nice image from the street...

A different angle from the same place...

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
It only took us about 5 hours to reach the winery :biglaugh: "Did we take the twisty or the scenic route?" SLK's at the parking lot of the winery ...

Same winery, different angle...

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Time for an afternoon tea (iced-tea), and oh .. don't forget the wine, cheese, crackers, blueberries, green apple, grapes, bread and goat cheese, etc...

Nice variety of colors, tastes and smell of wine ....

Some autumn/fall colors while waiting in the parking lot at Lake Elsinore Outlet Stores. "Honey, I think I left my coat at the winery, I need to get a new one..."

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Tom, Thank you very much for the video's .. just a tad shaky but quite acceptable. :tu:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hey Guys it was great meeting all of you! WOW i had a awesome time.
What more can anyone have asked for a Beautiful day, the opertunity of meeting some great new freinds, a chance to see some GREAT looking SLK's and you add cayon running to that day and its just AWESOME!

Also thanks for posting all the pics and video i will try to post some pics later tonight!

P.S
WOW Im still jazzed about that mod to bring down the roof! lol :)

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice pics and vids, everyone's SLK are so shiny, did you all Zaino it the day before? Nice turn out, looks like fun, thanks for sharing.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Kleyman 3BFM v 1.5 !

Great picts and videos. On cyberdraken cars, the third break like is flashing 2 or 3 times on each break. Is it additional module ?
Michel, it is an custom aftermarket module - assembled and made by Noregret4Life. It can be programmed to do bursts or flash, a plug-and-play unit that I think you will appreciate.

We call it Kleyman 3BFM (3rd Brake Light Flashing Module) by NoRegrets Custom Works :D

Do a search in this forum. I'll try to look for it and paste the link.

Edit: Here's one link: http://www.slkworld.com/general-modifications-r171/298-brake-light-flasher-3.html
and another link: http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r171-general-discussion/792-received-my-kleyman1-3rd-brake-light-module.html

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Nice pics and vids, everyone's SLK are so shiny, did you all Zaino it the day before? Nice turn out, looks like fun, thanks for sharing.
It's just the way the sunlight came off the cars when taking the photos with the vehicles between the shooter and the light source.

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
Eddy I see you have a cushion on your seat, admit it you find those AMG bucket seats less comfortable than your previous 280?

BTW, gorgeous ride!

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Eddy I see you have a cushion on your seat, admit it you find those AMG bucket seats less comfortable than your previous 280?

BTW, gorgeous ride!
Good eyes Mohammed!

Actually, the seats on the 55 have more padding than on the prior 280. It is more supportive and is comfortable. The cushion was from the old E320. It is artificial sheeepskin with dark cloth facing the leather seats. I use it to keep the leather relatively clean from stains and dirt. It does offer added comfort especially on long drives.

The prior E320 had beige leather seats. The one on the 55 is even a lighter beige.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
it was another kick in the pants day. good people, good weather and good scenery. a tip of the hat to the ghost in his first run with us. the man's got driving skills... he pushed that 350 and drove it like it's meant to be driven.

Tom, thanks again for planning a great route. :tu:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Great pics and vids, thanks for sharing! More SLK's there than I'll probably see in a lifetime *L*. :tu:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts