1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last edit 12/04
EDIT: The date is December 9.
EDIT: Meet up between 11:00 and 11:30 A.M at
EDIT: Angeles Forest information center, 1960 N San Gabriel Canyon Rd.

We can stop at Camp William cafe, 24210 East Fork Road for refreshments.
We can stop at Mount Baldy Lodge for lunch.
Glendora Mountain Rd from Glendora Ridge Rd to Glendora is closed until next year.

Add your name to the list if your interested in the ride.

ae98
etyu
heezyo2o
SoCalSLK55
Sweet Slk
Tslick
V8SLK

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Thanks Tom, Nov 25th, it is. Alternative date; Dec 9th. What time window should we meet? 9 to 930am? (This is about 60 minutes, presuming no traffic from South Orange County)

·
19,400 Posts
Tslick said:
The time is flexible. If DesignoSLK attends, thats a 4 hour drive, later in the day may be better. Lets wait on the meet time for a few days. We need to consider the folks that travel the furthest.
Cool. I'm flexible on the meet time. There's also a forum member in Henderson, Nevada but I forgot his username.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Tslick said:
We've been discussing a meet in the off topic section for the last few weeks so lets make it official. The tentative date is November 25 but since it's Thanksgiving weekend, an alternate date is December 9.

Were looking at a leisurely drive through the local mountains above Azusa. The route would be up Hwy 39 to E East Fork Rd, then to Glendora Mountain Rd, then left on Glendora Ridge Rd to Mount Baldy. From their we can head down to La Verne or backtrack to Glendora.

I figure about a 3 hour drive with stops along the way.

The meet up point is the Angeles Forest information center (a shack just north of Ranch Rd to the right) as you enter the forest.

Add your name to the list if your interested in the ride.
etyu
Tslick
V8SLK
DesignoSLK

25 Nov will not work for me, I'll be devouring turkey in Crescent City, CA. 9 Dec works for us with maybe a late morning, early afternoon start. It'd be nice to clean the car up after the trip down, but not detrimental.

Eddy, I'll see what I can do to get in touch with the Henderson member.

·
19,400 Posts
Looking good for Dec. 9th, :tu:

·
19,400 Posts
V8SLK said:
i'm in. i also noticed another member ae98 that lives in la puente which is about 10-15 minutes from azusa canyon. hopefully he/she will see this and be able to join in.
There's also cyberdrakon and 9Moon.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I found the member Eddy mentioned by doing an advanced search for "Henderson" in the Member List. Then sent Gayle280 an email. Hopefully they will respond to their email.

You'll probably have better chance of these folks checking their email then stopping by to grace us with their presence...hehe.

·
19,400 Posts
Sent PM's to Cyberdrakon and 9MOON.

·
Registered
18 Posts
what's crackin fellas count me in on this meet. its going to be the 9th of december? and meet point Angeles Forest information center rightR)

·
19,400 Posts
ae98 said:
what's crackin fellas count me in on this meet. its going to be the 9th of december? and meet point Angeles Forest information center rightR)
Woohoo. Glad you can make it ae98.

·
19,400 Posts
I edited the first post with the address of the information center, and other info.

I PM'd both cyberdrakon and 3-pointed-star but have not heard from them.
I did PM cyberdrakon a few days ago and he may be busy that day. He will post inthis thread if he is able to make it.

·
19,400 Posts
The more, the merrier

I wouldn't mind showing up since it is a Saturday. The meeting place is about 65 miles from me.
That's cool Sweet Slk. Do come.

That's about how far I am too from the meeting area (I figure about an hour's drive, presuming no traffic jams). Which SLK do you drive? Would you mind updating the vehicle and location on your profile?

ADDENDUM: SweetSLK, I'm about 55 miles south from the meeting place (based on Google maps). If we're close to each other we can meet and caravan up highway 57 to the 210. Lake Forest is between Irvine and Mission Viejo.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 82 Posts