Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting at Santa Anita race track. Some fine 55's, 32, 320, and Gene's SL500. The weather was in the 80's at 8:00 AM. We wandered up Angeles Crest Hwy to Angeles Forest Hwy, cut back to Angeles Crest thru Upper Big Tujunga, then to Mount Wilson. After hanging out at the lookout area by the CALTEC observatories, We descended back to the cities. By the time we departed at the restaurant in Glendale at 2:00 PM, the temperature was well in the triple digits. First time I put the top up for a long drive and it took me 15 minutes to figure out how the air conditioner worked.
Meet at Santa Anita

Taking a break at forest center before heading up to Mt Wilson.

A couple shots on the way up to Mt Wilson

Hanging out at the lookout

Some more car shots

The reason for Mt Wilson, Astronomical Observatories and telecommunications

The road back to the city

Back in a city, don't know which one, don't care. Sun's 55 with the resonators removed caused a lot of stares on the city streets; echoing off the walls of the buildings.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
460 Posts
Some amazing shots....thanks for sharing...you all could have offered to meet us half way, or just kept on driving to NY.;)

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu:NICE gathering of friends and great collection of MBs. BEAUTIFUL weather and scenery. For those that couldn't attend, thanks for sharing.

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Very very VERY NICE :tu: :tu: :tu:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Here's a few more piccies:

1. Two pewters (Cubanit Silber) at Santa Anita: The heat today couldn't melt the spirits of friendship. :) Please pay attention to the cars and not on the shapely legs at the side of the photo:biglaugh:

2. It was very cool to meet Sun (mbSLRwannabe) today. His ride is hot with Brabus mods. Check it out:

3. Line up of metal horses at Santa Anita racetrack:

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
4. Looking real good Jo. Your smile says it all! :tu: Where did Gene go :confused:

5. Loading up on fuel (caffeine and breakfast pastries) for the drivers at Starbuck's, before heading out to Hwy 2 via 210 freeway. The white R171 belongs to Vince (IIRC, slktyperice). Sorry he had to go to Vegas after coffee (to clear a hang-over from last night) :biglaugh:

6. This must be someone's new ride :D

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
7. Line up at Mount Wilson: And no that is not us in a huddle on the rock. (sounds like a good name for a dessert: "huddle on a rock") :biglaugh:

8. A different angle, still at Mount Wilson.

9. "Let's head for that Mexican restaurant at the new annex in Glendale Galleria. Scott's HUNGRY." :D

·
Founding Member #2
19,394 Posts
Our thanks to Oscar for being lead car on the first leg on hwy 2. Our appreciation to Tslick for being the "route planner extraordinaire" and lead car on the second leg and to Mt. Wilson. Who needs GPS when you have Tom? (not Tom Tom, come to think of it, they probably named the device after him :D)

Thank you Gene and Jo for making the trip from Elk Grove (near Sacramento). Thank you Scott, Edward and Candy, Sun and Vince (very cool audio system). A big Thank You to Alicia (mate) for putting up with my driving and other idiosyncracies. "I'm sorry you got car sick on the way down from Hwy 2 to the 210. It's not my driving, the roads are just twisty. That's how CalTrans made it." :D

I think the "excuse" was a good one. :tu: :)

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
Thanks for the pics Tom & Eddy! I know the gathering was great fun!! And I know you all hated to part ways! :gh:

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Beautiful shots of beautiful cars, scenery, and people! Wish there were that many SLK's around my area into cruising...wish there were ANY SLK's around my area into cruising LOL!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Great pics, thanks for sharing, cyberdrakon's SLK really shines in those photo's, must be the dark wheels and drop.

Beautiful shots of beautiful cars, scenery, and people! Wish there were that many SLK's around my area into cruising...wish there were ANY SLK's around my area into cruising LOL!
Not a whole lot of SLK's around here either, I guess people rather spend their money on a practical SUV then on a two-seat roadster.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Moon! welcome back!

Anyway great pics guys, Scott i think they caught you standing by the cars in every picture. To much cop instinct in ya to let it outta your sight ;).

Cyber, ive only seen shots of your car right when you posted those few after you did more work to it. Let me tell you, THAT CAR LOOKS SICK. If I wasnt such a black car person, i would do something similar cuz that just looks awesome. Its making me think about a dorp when I shouldnt/ cant unless i want to be hurting my pocket on tires...

Im jealous. Where is the northeast at!?

1 - 20 of 43 Posts